So I buy this kayak - now I’m trying to catch largemouth bass.

robtattoo

WKR
So cool. Nothing like portability and making life easy.
After borrowing my friend's kayak for a single day, I literally sold my bigger boat as soon as I got home. Yes, the Nucanoe was spendy compared to my 14' vhull shitbox, but there's zero maintenance, no engine to worry about, 1 fifth the storage space needed & I can carry its just so damn handy.

Brendan

WKR
I'm a big fan of the SOT for safety reasons too. Fall out of one or flip one, and it's easy peasy to hop back in and it self drains. Sit-ins and canoes aren't near that easy - big deal if you use them in cold or rougher water too, mine sees use here in the North Atlantic (Mass, NH, Maine) as well as freshwater.

Would love to add something like a Native Titan 12 to the stable with a little electric motor. Would be a great little sneak boat for fishing and duck hunting, but I am looking to drop some coin on a Lund Alaskan instead.

Tedhunts

FNG
Slick setup. What kind of sounder are you running? I've got the standard Garmin Striker 4 on mine, which is adequate. Looking at a Perception Outlaw with better electronics suite at some point in the future
Im running a Lowrance Hook Reveal 7 w/ Side Scan....Hobie did a great job with the retractable transducer mount on the Outback..IMG_3109Lowrance.jpg

OXN939

WKR
Im running a Lowrance Hook Reveal 7 w/ Side Scan....Hobie did a great job with the retractable transducer mount on the Outback..View attachment 385393

I have my little Garmin Striker 4 transducer mounted through my scupper with a piece of PVC irrigation tubing and a thread on cap. Sits perfectly flush, truly can't think of anything I'd do to change it up.

20220330_081700.jpg

20220328_165838.jpg

That setup is a pretty unbelievable value, but I'm already looking at a Hoodoo Impulse 105 with the pedal drive and a nicer electronic suite like yours. By the time you add a pedal drive and some nice side scan, you're really in the same ballpark of capability as microskiffs for a fraction of the price.

These dudes running in the James River in Richmond right now- gonna sneak out tomorrow morning before work and see if I can find a few

20220330_092122.jpg

20220323_083111.jpg