So I did what I thought I'd never.....

Wrench

WKR
I've been a pretty solid longbow guy for a very long time. I have a Martin Hatfield take down that shoots well for me and some old recurves....but never tripped my trigger.

I've pretty much told myself that the Toelke Whistler is basically everything I wanted, light, quick take down, quiet....classy.

I dropped a limb bolt in the field once and it took away from my morning hunt to find it. I swore off hardware at that moment.....so 3 piece bows were out.

I stumbled upon a set of Uukha limbs here for a price that was worth the risk so I did it. I had a line on an omp 17" riser which makes a 60" hotrod of a bow, but it was scaling right at #60.....and quite honestly, I ain't tough enough to need that.....but it shot oh so well and was cranking 600 plus grain arrows at 190fps.

I can anchor and hold this setup....but I have a bursa surgery needing to happen on my bow arm and it's just a fuzz much....

So I order up a White feather lark 19" riser. That should bring it down to 55ish. The lark shows up and it's simply unreal how much you get for the money. It looked great, shot great and dropped the weight I needed.

So here I am holding a lego bow with carbon limbs with one of my creek walkers stuck to it and I gotta say that I am really glad I spent the $$ on this rig.

I have to get to tuning some shafts, but so far a full length 300 with 50/175 is flying like a drill bit.

I'm not going to lie, this bow lacks the soul of my Toelkes....but the extra 20+fps is blackmailing me to love it.

I've had one anomaly that doesn't make sense, I shot full length 300 with 50/150 and it goes through the lights at 170fps, but if I add some weight my speed goes up to 188-190. My guess is the arrow is paradoxing or the arrow is reflecting differently....never seen this. My Toelke goes 165-168 and is recognizably slower.

Rob5589

WKR
I just set up my first ILF and have to say, it's pretty darn nice to shoot. Now, my other two bows are Southwest Archery recurves, so not high end. But the ILF is also a low budget set up so not too crazy of a comparison.

smoke

Lil-Rokslider
Gosh Wrench, from the title of this thread I was immediately concerned for your soul . . . thinking you had gone all compound on us! So glad you are still with us! ;)

Squints08

Lil-Rokslider
I too just put my first ILF together with Uukha limbs and a 21" W&W riser. It shoots laser beams compared to my Bob Lee. I felt guilty for about a day but I haven't touched my Bob Lee since getting my ILF rig together.

Blackcow

WKR
This reminded me that I loaned my wf lark riser to a buddy like 2 years ago, should probably get it back ( or order another). I used uukha ex1evo2’s on it but I sold those to SHTF, but my favorite is a set of Bosen carbon longbow limbs. Only a few fps behind the uukha. The limb pad angle on that riser is great for lb limbs, just sayin. Only thing with the bosen limbs are they’re xl’s, making a 66” bow. Works great for me tho at 31” draw.

Btaylor

WKR
I've been a pretty solid longbow guy for a very long time. I have a Martin Hatfield take down that shoots well for me and some old recurves....but never tripped my trigger.

I've pretty much told myself that the Toelke Whistler is basically everything I wanted, light, quick take down, quiet....classy.

I dropped a limb bolt in the field once and it took away from my morning hunt to find it. I swore off hardware at that moment.....so 3 piece bows were out.

I stumbled upon a set of Uukha limbs here for a price that was worth the risk so I did it. I had a line on an omp 17" riser which makes a 60" hotrod of a bow, but it was scaling right at #60.....and quite honestly, I ain't tough enough to need that.....but it shot oh so well and was cranking 600 plus grain arrows at 190fps.

I can anchor and hold this setup....but I have a bursa surgery needing to happen on my bow arm and it's just a fuzz much....

So I order up a White feather lark 19" riser. That should bring it down to 55ish. The lark shows up and it's simply unreal how much you get for the money. It looked great, shot great and dropped the weight I needed.

So here I am holding a lego bow with carbon limbs with one of my creek walkers stuck to it and I gotta say that I am really glad I spent the $$ on this rig.

I have to get to tuning some shafts, but so far a full length 300 with 50/175 is flying like a drill bit.

I'm not going to lie, this bow lacks the soul of my Toelkes....but the extra 20+fps is blackmailing me to love it.

I've had one anomaly that doesn't make sense, I shot full length 300 with 50/150 and it goes through the lights at 170fps, but if I add some weight my speed goes up to 188-190. My guess is the arrow is paradoxing or the arrow is reflecting differently....never seen this. My Toelke goes 165-168 and is recognizably slower.
Dude dont worry about it. There are people out there using guns. Can you even imagine having to resort to such foolery? ;)

OP
W

Wrench

WKR
I've been down on my folks ranch walking my bow. I'll get some pics once we get some good light.

Rob5589

WKR
Good looking riser for as cheap as they are. I seriously considered one but opted for a metal riser in the end

OP
W

Wrench

WKR
These uukha limbs at #57 are quite a bit faster than I am used to with my #50 longbow.

Latest posts

Featured Video

Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheRealGerman