So I want to buy a new autoloader

OP
hunt1up

hunt1up

WKR
Thanks for all the opinions. Right now the front runner is the Franchi Affinity 3. It looks like one can be had for $700 shipped. Not in a huge hurry so I’ll look a little more.

Terrapin

WKR
I shoot a lot of different shotguns (clays, upland, waterfowl, turkeys..). Decide what you are going to use it for the most before you pick a shotgun. Here are three “all around” auto loaders that we use, along with where they excel for me (but they will all be adequate for everything):

Beretta A300; clays
Benelli Montefeltro; upland
Benelli Super Black Eagle; waterfowl and turkeys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
hunt1up

hunt1up

WKR
I ended up calling around and a local dealer had the Franchi Affinity 3 in stock for $699, same price as I've found it online. I fondled it for a bit and ended up buying it. Good fit and finish, well balanced, and it so much like the other Benellis. It should suit my needs just fine. How to wait 72 hours for the stupid Illinois waiting period to go pick it up.

davescarp

WKR
I ended up calling around and a local dealer had the Franchi Affinity 3 in stock for $699, same price as I've found it online. I fondled it for a bit and ended up buying it. Good fit and finish, well balanced, and it so much like the other Benellis. It should suit my needs just fine. How to wait 72 hours for the stupid Illinois waiting period to go pick it up.
I have a franchi affinity 20 gauge that does absolutely everything for me. Bought it 5-6 years ago maybe. Points great for flushing birds or ducks over decoys, and it's damn good with turkeys out to about 40 yds with hevishot 6s... Just have to swap chokes and roll. It always goes boom.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Midwestwaterfowl

Lil-Rokslider
Wish I had seen you were from Illinois earlier. I’ve got a couple you could have tried out before buying, depending what part of the state your in.