so i was studying some maps and found some elk, literally......

sk1

WKR
so in my ever constant planning for hunts i found myself studying some maps today for a couple hours....picking out some new areas to scout this spring/summer and what not. i really feel like i found some new areas to look over that i had previously missed, something i did not expect. what i really really did not expect to find though, was to see elk coming over the top of the ridge i was looking at in the map image. anyone else ever done this before? take a look.

Attachments

• map elk1.jpg
    map elk1.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 325

CaseyU

WKR
Oh you did it now sk. I have been there i can recongize that ridge line anywhere ;). Great catch. i have found wildhorses but nothing quite that cool.
P.S. did you get the book?

OP
sk1

sk1

WKR
Oh you did it now sk. I have been there i can recongize that ridge line anywhere ;). Great catch. i have found wildhorses but nothing quite that cool.
P.S. did you get the book?

haha everyone always recognizes where pictures were taken. yeah i got the book i meant to post a pic and date in the thread, just got lazy but ive been reading it....ill make a post so people know when my 2 week time is over, thanks again

this is bing birdseye map not GE if anyone was wondering....kind of a pain in the ass, but sometimes shows way more detail than GE depending on the area and direction you view from. i can honestly say ill probably never spot elk again, i was shocked when i saw them.