SO LBO nest size

powds

Lil-Rokslider
I’m wondering If anyone has an my experience with sleeping 2 people in the LBO nest.

I like the idea of the LBO for the modularity. I do solo hunts with just the base and can expand it to a few guys and a stove with the tarp. I’m wondering if the nest would be big enough for a guy and his wife 6’3 and 5’5, or if the tent angle is too steep?
Might just have to upgrade but the ability to go super light is hard to give up.
thanks in advance

skierhs

WKR
I run a LBO nest in my (kifaru) 8 man tipi when the lady likes to join. The far side of the nest can drape somewhat low if it’s not tensioned just right but I don’t think it’ll be an issue for you (although your height does give me caution) with two caveats. First, the pad I use is an exped mega mag 10 and BA Q-core. Those bring me up more than other pads which can make it a touch more right. Second, the larger person should be next to the pole so there is more headroom. Other than that it’s nice to have plenty of remaining space in the tipi and the ability to still run a stove(yet to do though with that nest).

1608515475166.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
powds

powds

Lil-Rokslider
Awesome thanks for the info. Our pads are 2 & 2.5 inch so little lower but still good info. Thanks