So long TV, Hello Amazon

OP
R

Randy Newberg

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
When will new episodes air on Amazon? Also will one episode be placed on Amazon each week or will they all be put in at once?

As we get them edited and close captioned, we will load them up to Amazon. Then we wait until Amazon approves the episode. At that time we can make it live. So, they will show up on Amazon as they are finalized/approved, not weekly, monthly, etc.

Thanks to all of you who are giving us such great support on Amazon and YouTube. Greatly appreciated. I think our success will have other producers considering the same idea.

StrutNut

Lil-Rokslider
Well, I have already watched more episodes on youtube than I have on TV. I seldom watch anything on TV anymore. Youtube and Netflix mostly.

Antlers

FNG
The network has restrictions on what you can say/do. Contract prohibit any mention of other video distribution platforms, such as Amazon. We did do a piece at the end of this week's airings telling people to go to our website, where we have this video loaded and they can learn what we are up to.

Thanks for following.

I'm not sure what others saw, but that last bit was cut short when I watched- barely caught a few words.

I haven't watched regular tv shows in over a year and half.
I laugh at my wife liking NCIS and she shakes her head when she hears a diaphragm elk call on my PC.

Because I am specific which you tube vids I watch, I can reply and tell her I watch real stuff, not Hollywood junk.
Then I sleep on the couch like a man.

Congrats on the move! ;) Only occasionally was able to catch your show on cable. My kids got my wife and I for Christmas a smart TV and binge watched your show on Youtube yesterday. I really appreciate watching an ethical hunter that passes up a less than optimal shot vs. most of these TV wannabes taking all kinds of risky shots and then watching them gut shoot an animal and then celebrating that they "smoked em"...Drives me crazy! :mad:

reelnmn

FNG
Randy, love your YouTube channel and how you portray hunting. I ditched cable/satellite years ago so only have seen maybe one of your hunting shows. I can't wait to start watching all the Amazon content. Great move on your part!

Broomd

WKR
Well, it makes sense for the masses.
But those of us without available cell service and on limited bandwidth sources like satellite internet are out of luck. It's nuts, but our valley will likely never get cell service or cable.

We're lucky to get decent data and email service on our satellite internet much less quality streaming video...

Bld6159

FNG
congrats Randy! Can't wait to see the new episodes.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

twall13

WKR
I guess this means no more network restrictions, so I expect you to shoot a Coues in its bed this year Randy.

OP
R

Randy Newberg

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
I guess this means no more network restrictions, so I expect you to shoot a Coues in its bed this year Randy.

Gonna be working on that later this month, in its bed, or not. ;)

Thanks for all the great encouragement.

Hesseltine32

Lil-Rokslider
Best of luck Randy! Love what your doing and enjoy the content you are producing.
I think it’s going to make your show better as you can tell the story you want without restrictions. Keep up the good work.

OP
R

Randy Newberg

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
Any word if and or when it will be coming to Prime in Canada?

You will have to ask Amazon. Right now, for small producers, they allow four countries; USA, UK, Germany, and Japan.

So, for friends in Canada, it will be on YouTube and you can watch there for free.

Which platform, YouTube or prime, has higher royalties?

Edit* I looked it up. Looks like you get a bigger cut from views on Prime. I will watch the new stuff there and the OYOA on youtube.

Last edited: