So many boots! Honest opinion on best!

So Camofire has Crispi, LOWA, and White’s on sale today. Overwhelmed with trying to find which would possibly be the best. If anyone has tried these brands what is your opinion on which brand is the best and why? Much appreciated for your time and input on this.

Drenalin

WKR
I can only speak to Crispi. If you have a wide foot, the toe box might be an issue for you even in wide sizes. Other than that, the Summit GTX is a nice boot. Mine are a couple of years old now and no issues, as long as I don't wear thick socks. If I was starting again today though, I'd look at something else.

So Camofire has Crispi, LOWA, and White’s on sale today. Overwhelmed with trying to find which would possibly be the best. If anyone has tried these brands what is your opinion on which brand is the best and why? Much appreciated for your time and input on this.

I think it really depends on your use case. The Lowa’s are bomber boots but I’ve moved away from something so heavy and stiff. I just found them less enjoyable during the portions of the hunt I didn’t have a heavy load on but the payoff for the heavy load wasn’t enough to outweighs it. I don’t have a lot of experience with the whites but the Crispis are too narrow for me. Built great, but they’re pretty similar to all the other Italian style mountaineering boots in terms of construction methods lasts etc. Asolo, Scarpa, etc.

Those prices are killer right now. Good luck! Quality wise I think any seem to be a good choice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gone4Days

WKR
I switched to Hoka Sky Kaha’s this year and really love them. I’ve been using Hoka trail runners for a while now… now using them in the hunting field too.

OP
C
Thank you everyone for your opinions. I know It is very difficult to give an opinion on a boot that may not work for someone else. I’ve gone through many brands of boots at work (Danner, Under Armor, Salomon, Bates, 5.11, etc.) and they all have had their pros and cons. I’ve hiked in several as well, but I’m just now getting into archery hunting.

I wear a wide in kenetreks and schnees. Crispis run a tad wider for me than those, so I can wear a standard width in them. I’ve owned the summits and colorados and both are good. Colorados are stiffer, better for rugged terrain. Summits are lighter and chew up trail miles better. Both made from the same last. I had lowas years ago and they ran narrow on my foot. More so than Kenetreks. Tough to know which to buy without trying them on, but anymore the brand is meaningless and you should go with what fits your foot the best. Don’t go down the boot rabbit hole by buying without the ability to return or swap if they don’t fit, trust me! Hope that helps…

I can only speak to Crispi. If you have a wide foot, the toe box might be an issue for you even in wide sizes. Other than that, the Summit GTX is a nice boot. Mine are a couple of years old now and no issues, as long as I don't wear thick socks. If I was starting again today though, I'd look at something else.
I have a wide foot and the Colorado's fit great.

EdP

WKR
Boots are built on a last. A "last" is a solid form shaped like a foot. Whose foot is what matters. If the last matches your foot and is a quality boot and is designed for the use you have in mind and is the right size, it should work well for you. Most quality boots are made in Italy or other european country. Crispi, Kenetrek, Zamberlan, Scarpa are all made in Italy. Asolo are made in Romania. Lowa are made in Germany, Italy, or Slovakia. All are very good boots and that's not a complete list of good boots. You have to try a boot on to know if it is going to work for you. Once you know it does work, as long as the same last is used it should continue to work for you when you need new ones. Personally, I hunt in Crispi boots and hike in Asolo boots.

WRM

WKR
Lot of good info for you. Most important is you've got to find something that works for you and your foot. This may take some time and ordering and returning. In the end, it'll be worth it. Now, I'll add a couple more to confuse it further.

I've been using the Naglev combat for a couple of years now. Really impressed with it. Just wrapping up our turkey season where I've hunted 20+ days in them. These are my go to for un-insulated boots where I'm not worried about a super stiff sole.

I ran thru Zamberlan, La Sportiva and Scarpa. All had there good points. My go to now for Western hunting is the Lathrop branded boots. I have both insulated and non insulated. I think they are hard to beat in that style. Plus the Lathrop brothers will get you situated and make sure things are correct. They are a great resource. They also have other brands, so you may want to give them a ring.

Good luck!

OP
C
Boots are built on a last. A "last" is a solid form shaped like a foot. Whose foot is what matters. If the last matches your foot and is a quality boot and is designed for the use you have in mind and is the right size, it should work well for you. Most quality boots are made in Italy or other european country. Crispi, Kenetrek, Zamberlan, Scarpa are all made in Italy. Asolo are made in Romania. Lowa are made in Germany, Italy, or Slovakia. All are very good boots and that's not a complete list of good boots. You have to try a boot on to know if it is going to work for you. Once you know it does work, as long as the same last is used it should continue to work for you when you need new ones. Personally, I hunt in Crispi boots and hike in Asolo boots.
Thank you very much for explaining a little more in depth about what the “last” is. I had no clue that is what it was called. This is a very frustrating thing to try and find a boot for an elk hunt I am going on in Montana with a friend. First archery hunt and wanted to be a little prepared.

OP
C
Lot of good info for you. Most important is you've got to find something that works for you and your foot. This may take some time and ordering and returning. In the end, it'll be worth it. Now, I'll add a couple more to confuse it further.

I've been using the Naglev combat for a couple of years now. Really impressed with it. Just wrapping up our turkey season where I've hunted 20+ days in them. These are my go to for un-insulated boots where I'm not worried about a super stiff sole.

I ran thru Zamberlan, La Sportiva and Scarpa. All had there good points. My go to now for Western hunting is the Lathrop branded boots. I have both insulated and non insulated. I think they are hard to beat in that style. Plus the Lathrop brothers will get you situated and make sure things are correct. They are a great resource. They also have other brands, so you may want to give them a ring.

Good luck!
Definitely a lot of good information. And now I do feel a bit more confused than ever before. I have my first archery elk hunt in Montana coming up in September. I wanted to try and be as prepared as I could since I’ve never done this before.

Dries

WKR
Thank you very much for explaining a little more in depth about what the “last” is. I had no clue that is what it was called. This is a very frustrating thing to try and find a boot for an elk hunt I am going on in Montana with a friend. First archery hunt and wanted to be a little prepared.

If you look on crispis site they have a dealer locator.
Also Some Sportsman’s wharehouse carry Crispis.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EdP

WKR
A note on Crispi if you go the mail order route. Vendors get much lower prices for shipping than individuals (about 1/3 the cost). Return shipping can get expensive. When I ordered my Crispi boots they charged me $12 shipping whereas some others shipped free, but Crispi included a rtn shipping label so a rtn would have been no cost to me. Rtn shipping on a pair of Zamberlans that shipped free but didn't fit cost me $34 and the distance was pretty much the same.

I have a narrow heel and flat feet, the Crispi Colorados are great , they have a wider toe box. I hate my Lowa Camino’s, but with a regular foot maybe…the toe box in those is more pointed.

frank church guy

Lil-Rokslider
IMO boots are personal thing. I have gone through two pairs of crispi gtx 12" hunters in three years. Each pair the rubber skirt came undone within six months and the vibram sole wore out with in a year. They did fit right out of the box. I do believe it is my foot that is not friendly to the crispi boot. I think it is a quality boot, but it didn't fit my foot, walking "style", etc. I believe boots are personal to each person's foot. Iam going back to Mendle. I had good luck with the perfect hunter so I am trying a boot from Mendle that knid of matches the perfect hunter. I also think boots are my most important gear. Comfort and support in nasty country is the difference between an enjoyable day and endless misery.

BluMtn

WKR
The other item you need to consider is boot flex. Starts with a 1 which is basically a tennis shoe. Topping out with a 5 which is a mountaineering boot. If you hunt in steep hilly country a higher flex rating helps. I personally like my boots to be in a 4 rating, but have used some in the 3 rating. That is also another personal opinion, same as wanting High, Mid, or Low tops. Boots and Packs, you ask 20 people and get 25 opinions on which is best. Good luck in your search. I have found that my feet really like the Hanwag boot.