SO Redcliff vs 6 man Tipi

MKeeter

FNG
Considering buying a SO Redcliff or 6 man tipi. Leaning towards the Redcliff, but wanted to see if anyone has used both and if so what were the main Pros/Cons of each. Plan to use it mainly for AK based hunts with and without a stove and with 2-3 people including myself. Thanks for any input.

GHOSTofWENDELL

Lil-Rokslider
I have used the redcliff the last few seasons. Three adults with all gear/stove is very doable, four could be done in a pinch.

A couple seasons ago we had rain and fog for the first week of archery and had four adults and no stove. Space-wise that got miserable pretty quick. With better weather you could run four without a stove comfortably.

OP
MKeeter

MKeeter

FNG
Thanks for the input! Depending on how 19Feb goes I plan on using the shelter for a Kodiak goat hunt in September.

Thoughts on SO stoves?

4ester

WKR
For winds and snow I prefer tipi shape but more usable space with the redcliff.

Tipis are hard to beat.

Envoyé de mon Pixel 4 XL en utilisant Tapatalk

What he said......

The redcliff will also be easier to pitch. Square/rectangle spaces fit sleeping bags and gear better. But not as wind friendly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tsal

FNG
We had pretty heavy winds this past season without any issues with Redcliff. Obviously not as efficient in terms of at actual physics, but I don't view it as a deficiency.

OP
MKeeter

MKeeter

FNG
Sounds Good! I think I’m going to go with the Redcliff. Once I have approval to post in the classifieds I’ll see if anyone is trying to sell one before I go new. Thanks again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GHOSTofWENDELL

Lil-Rokslider
I run a liteoutdoors stove. Customer service is top notch and I have had great experiences with the stove. I have only played around with a buddys seek outside stove and doubt it would like it more. Heavier and more expensive if I remember correctly.

As for standing room in the redcliff I am 6'2 barefoot and really have enjoyed the center pole being 6'10(a huge upgrade from my mountainsmith shelter lol!). I would saying two adults could stand in the redcliff with enough room to do whatever they needed to with or without a stove.