SO Silvertip for Tall Guys

Hey Roksliders, putting together the christmas wish list for my family and have a question about the SO Silvertip.

The shelter looks great for what I plan, namely a hot tent for one man in nasty weather, with a ton of weight savings over something like the Sawtooth. (It's also so much cheaper, but who keeps track of that?:p)

Anyways, the problem I have is that I'm a solid 6'5" and I can't find anyone reviewing the shelter who is that tall. So, do any of you really tall guys use the Silvertip? How about with a liner or bug netting? I'm worried about the head space more than anything else.

Should I make my own that's just a touch bigger?

sneaky

"DADDY"
I would do my own if I were you. I've got an LBO and at 6'4" I hit the walls no matter what I do. I'm gonna have to add the tarp to it to make it comfortable for me. Non issue of its warm and you can pitch it up a bit, but battened down its aggravating.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

sneaky

"DADDY"
I've got the LBO base and 3 piece vestibule I should say

OP
Trumpkin The Dwarf
I would do my own if I were you. I've got an LBO and at 6'4" I hit the walls no matter what I do. I'm gonna have to add the tarp to it to make it comfortable for me. Non issue of its warm and you can pitch it up a bit, but battened down its aggravating.

Thanks for the feedback! It's unfortunate, but I suspected as much when I looked hard at their dimensions for the shelter.

sneaky

"DADDY"
No worries. Just trying to save you the headache. That slope of the walls really cuts into useable floor space

I built my own sawtooth and at almost 7' tall the pole is in the way of standing up straight and especially when the stove is installed. You have to get dressed all hunched over. The height was much less handy than I thought it would be for convenience as a tall guy.

You didn't ask but: I plan on shortening the height on the shelter to save weight by losing the pole and pitching with a walking stick and eliminating stakes. 11+ stakes helps you find rocks.

Getting dressed laying down or cooking inside seated ain't so bad.