So stinking aggriviated

Luked

WKR
So I havetried to go out west multiple times and something always seems to happen and life gets in the way and Im not able to go weather it be bills, kids what ever something always seems to come up and Im not able to go.
So this year finally I did my work, got my gear, tried to get in better shape, praticed a ton with the bow so im confident. I got extra cash I have been saving for the trip all the things we work for to be able to do something like this.
So last weekend I caught a cold and ill be damned if if didnt move into my chest. Now my whole hunt that I have been working toward for a year and a half is in jeopardy because of a damn cold.
For me it always seems when I get a cold it moves into my chest making it really tough to breath from when I was young and had a ton of issues with Asthma and all the times I have had Bronchitus and Pheneumona.
So now im waiting to get a script from the Dr to try and kick this stuff 8 days befor I leave.
Really frustrated right now. I sometimes wonder if its gods way of telling me i shouldnt go hunting west.
Just needed to vent a little

Laramie

WKR
So I havetried to go out west multiple times and something always seems to happen and life gets in the way and Im not able to go weather it be bills, kids what ever something always seems to come up and Im not able to go.
So this year finally I did my work, got my gear, tried to get in better shape, praticed a ton with the bow so im confident. I got extra cash I have been saving for the trip all the things we work for to be able to do something like this.
So last weekend I caught a cold and ill be damned if if didnt move into my chest. Now my whole hunt that I have been working toward for a year and a half is in jeopardy because of a damn cold.
For me it always seems when I get a cold it moves into my chest making it really tough to breath from when I was young and had a ton of issues with Asthma and all the times I have had Bronchitus and Pheneumona.
So now im waiting to get a script from the Dr to try and kick this stuff 8 days befor I leave.
Really frustrated right now. I sometimes wonder if its gods way of telling me i shouldnt go hunting west.
Just needed to vent a little
Two things-
1-Go get a steroid shot. It reduces inflammation significantly and speeds up the healing process.
2- Relax. Quit stressing so your body can heal. You will be good enough to go in a week. Enjoy the trip out there.

Lawnboi

WKR
Be careful if your going to be at altitude.

Years ago I thought I was over a cold and ended up getting terrible altitude sickness, laid in a valley for two days and ended up with some bad bronchitis. That’s when i was in my 20s and did a 26 mile bike ride as a warm up.

Rich M

WKR
Sounds like my wife. She likes to get sick and find reasons why not to do stuff. Even got an abscess in her jaw day before we were going camping on an island 70 miles out. Killed that vacation. Then says “life gets in the way”. No, honey, you do. LoL.

My dad used to like to plan trips and such. I think he enjoyed planning and preparation better than taking the trips. Fwiw, he only cancelled a handful of trips.

You have a week to clear up them lungs. Do it. Run, bike, whatever to use your lungs, loosen up that gunk and hack it up.

Break the chains. GO anyway.

That’s been my life story. I set and pander on it at times. The last time out elk hunting I would take a drink of water and pass it out the backside within a couple minutes. There are many more stories I could share but, it’d just piss me off.

Been that way ever hunt I ever traveled on it seems like. I don’t know why. I reckon hunting sick or in knee braces is something to be thankful for. I know I’ve done both a lot. Much more then healthy.

It could be worse. The one thing I figured out is not going doesn’t do anything but irritate me more. So, My advice is suck it up and go. Hunting sick or injured is better then working sick or injured.

You got 8 days. Push tons of fluids and rest. If you're congested, get the good Mucinex-D from behind the counter. They'll ask for ID and treat you like a meth head, but that stuff plain works. I get the 12 hour and then hit the old fashioned Nyquil liquid at night. Keep that up for a few days and whatever scrip you get from the doc and you'll be good to go!

It could be worse; in the past 2 seasons, I have spent 1 day hunting, due to several surgeries and subsequent recoveries (my past 3 seasons have been complicated due to medicak bbn issues. This season, I will be limited to a few hundered yards from the vehicle. I need 1 more sergery, hopefully in December. Then I can work to recover to my nornal.

mrolen

Lil-Rokslider
Push the fluids rest and break up the shit in your lungs hiking! Don’t let s cold stop you.

If you have a pulse, you can hunt. Put on your big girl panties and go make it happen; you may have to make some adjustments but go hunt.

How many CHAMP hunters are there? How many terminally ill people go hunt? They aren't looking for a reason to quit. Why the hell should you?

49ereric

WKR
Eat oranges until you run for the toilet. Then keep eating them but fewer.