SO stove legs

Dmeis

FNG
I just got the stove and am curious if anyone thinks it would be a bad idea to weld the base t-nut to the bottom of the threaded rod. I borrowed one before I purchased mine and discovered that a few of the nuts were loose in the storage bag. They all needed some adjustment prior to use.

My thought is that if they are welded to the bottom of the rod they will never get lost.

reaper

WKR
There are suppose to go on top and it's better when you cook on the stove it make the stove flat and you don't get the butterfly nuts in your way.Peoples use them as feet that's why they lose them.

Envoyé de mon Pixel 4 XL en utilisant Tapatalk

I’ve got three per leg.
Flat on top of stove
Wing nut on bottom of stove
Flat on ground
I pull the top one off to assemble from the bottom up. Put top flush. Tighten lower wing nut, and usually leave the flat bottoms flust to ground although I have pulled them off to stake the legs into the ground as well.

I tend to run the top and bottom flat nuts several inches into the thread on packing up so they don’t fall off in my ruck.41BC6239-AF4F-4C7E-9C33-7759A1ABC801.jpegCE7B1C72-A8DB-4F5C-A7AA-6F423F694FA8.jpegED0B5E1C-AB6A-47E4-9628-3AA25C7D0F80.jpeg

OP
D

Dmeis

FNG
I tried red loctite on them. I was afraid they might get too hot and come loose after use. We'll see. I may just weld them if they do.

Looking at the diagram from SO they show those nuts as feet. I can see though if the holes on the top piece were large enough to accept the threaded portion of the t nut that it would work perfectly to have a flat cook surface. Maybe next season I'll look into changing it.

Nothing better than pancakes cooking on the stove! Bring your little honey bear, dehydrated blueberries and sone pecans to throw in the mix. Eat that with a mocha while you tell dirty jokes.