So what was it if not Squatch?

Tribes/people in the new world migrated from Asia.
lol yes I am well aware

Talk to any person on a reservation nowadays that will actually discuss stories with you and ask them about sasquatch and then see if you still think it is Gigantopithecus stories of old.

Its a hard pill to even begin to swallow that maybe just maybe we do not know everything to include what is in our world.

Feeling of dread as evidence? Must have been lots of squatchs in the North Arkansas woods I grew up in. They must be dying out though as it happened less and less as I got older.

There must be one on the coast highway south of Big Sur. Foolish me, I though it was the combination of darkness, only being able to pick up one radio station, and not having seen another vehicle for over an hour combined with knowing another probably would not be by for hours. I thought about mountain lions and decided I did not really need to walk on the side of the road to finish that cigarette. Got back in my truck and kept driving south.

There is another one in BC. Foolish me, I told myself it was not having seen another human for hours combined with sleeping on the side of the highway in a U-haul with the next town being about 100 miles down the road and the last one being about 100 miles behind me. It was two legged hairless apes that spoke English that worried me at the time (a month and a half later that killing spree of tourist happened in BC).

Anyway, must have been a squatch watchin me, I like that explanation much more than the 'you're a little bitch, don't worry about it we all got to die' I told myself at the time.

Don't get that feeling much in AK, a 454 loaded with hardcasts being handy keeps squatch far away apparently. I also like that explanation better than admitting firepower is a comfort blanky for me.

Cant believe I missed this one. Your passive attempts to slander are amusing. I know what being scared is and what different things feel like trust me highspeed. We were discussing a topic so I decided to input.

I too take solace in carrying a firearm and have for many years as a profession. I do not type here to prove anything nor can I, nor will I, but I do know that six sense feeling of something in the air.

I envy you that the woods feel as they always have for you.

Tribes also have stories of people flying to the sun and turning into animals and stuff. Those must be real too.
You are correct. I have talked to a former soldier from the Navajo tribe that discussed the skinwalker phenomenon with me. For some people, 'turning into animals' is a real thing to them and their families.

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
Cant believe I missed this one. Your passive attempts to slander are amusing. I know what being scared is and what different things feel like trust me highspeed. We were discussing a topic so I decided to input.

I too take solace in carrying a firearm and have for many years as a profession. I do not type here to prove anything nor can I, nor will I, but I do know that six sense feeling of something in the air.

I envy you that the woods feel as they always have for you.

Attempts to slander? Other than the squatch bit those are all honest evaluations of myself. If you look at those evaluations and can see a reflection of yourself you don't like to have described that is your own problem, but it is not slander (defined as making a false and damaging statement about someone).

Being spooked is evidence of nothing but the internal working of our own brain. I have an uncle with a ranch in Texas. Back in the woods on it is an old abandoned house that everyone who has ever been to agrees is creepy. I have been out there with my wife and we where both armed (2 handguns and a M1A), I checked every part of that building for meth heads before we spent some time poking around. Then fog rold in, we both got spooked. Stuck around for about 5 minutes to try and work through it, then decided to clear the hell out. Tell me, what does that prove? Other than the fact that I let irrational 6th sense determine my actions? The thing is, I don't tell myself stories to make it easier to live with the fact that I am a normal human, unable to always impose reason on my actions.

I really would prefer to believe I have a magical ability to detect danger to avoid facing that reality, but I have forced myself to work through being spooked far to many times to give the idea much credit. Learning to identify why I am spooked certainly helps keep me safe though as normally there is a reason behind it that can be explained with information synthesized from the 5 senses. Sometimes the danger is very real, at others it is my mind dredging up myths and legends.

ODB

WKR
Then again the UFO report says only one of 144 UAF encounters is explainable.

There are more things…. well, you know the rest…

2ski

WKR
What cool animals to show themselves to native Americans but never modern humans. Wow. They sure are smart to know not to show themselves to us these days.

Billinsd

WKR
Learning to identify why I am spooked certainly helps keep me safe though as normally there is a reason behind it that can be explained with information synthesized from the 5 senses. Sometimes the danger is very real, at others it is my mind dredging up myths and legends.
Marbles is an EXTREMELY LOGICAL guy with both feet planted firmly on the ground. If he believed he had an encounter with bigfoot I'd believe him.

Trr15

WKR
Not to hijack this thread, but I had my two oldest kids out today fishing on the Laramie River. Both of them lost multiple hooks and swore up and down that they had hooked into something huge each time. I’m 100% convinced there is a Lochness monster in that river. No other explanation.