So what was it if not Squatch?

OP
B

Bigcat_hunter

Lil-Rokslider
People on this forum like to joke about the topic of Sasquatch. But I am 100% convinced there is something out there that people are seeing. I've had a few experiences that I've shared on this forum. I usually find anywhere from 10-20 footprints a year in the backcountry. Had something run through my camp that shook the ground I was sleeping on, and left behind giant footprints. It ran right in front of my tarp, I should have seen something. I heard it, felt the vibration with every step. It was literally just a few feet away. Never seen anything. But found maybe 12, what looked just like giant footprints in camp the next morning when the sun came up. A few months before that, I was making my way up that mountain, and had an elderly man, and his wife claim that they just witnessed two Sasquatch up on the ridge. They seemed scared. Kinda frantic. My first time ever going to that mountain ridge, when I made it to the top, I was yelling into the valley. Just celebrating reaching the summit. I had something that at first sounded like a bird reacting to me. But I was amused how well this bird was mimicking my sounds. So I started making other sounds I wouldn't think birds could make. Well it didn't a fantastic job mimicking all the sounds so I just chalked it up as someone camping in the valley. I never even thought of sasquatch until that night something ran through camp. I attached some of the footprints I've took pictures of. I've lost most of the pics due to other phones frying, but I've been able to keep track of a few. Just to clarify, pictures don't do these prints justice. You'll just have to take my word on it, that if you seen these yourself, there is no denying their footprints. The first one was one of the ones I found in camp after whatever it was ran through. The second one, I added two pictures for this one cause its hard to see. Its hard to tell in picture, but its almost like it was pushing off with its right foot, while kind of leaning to the side. Thats what it looked like anyway when I was examining it. That being why the mid foot looks so thin. The third pic I was walking a creek bottom that had just flooded, and found that impression.
bbc6ffcaf0d8eee75b66c93cd6ad2bda.jpg
92db14576cb760b69e849ae1ea96b04a.jpg
12d831a679a0d9319b0ad771bad614b8.jpg
152080b6ce0221e09368121efbab082a.jpg

Sent from my SM-S506DL using Tapatalk
Thats pretty cool. Iv'e never seen tracks. What state was that in?

Batch

FNG
i have always said that the noises that people think are from a sasquatch is just hound hunters trying to get their dogs back to the truck. I make all sorts of whoops and hollers!

Last edited:

CorbLand

WKR
I will never say that they couldn't exist but I just cant fathom that with all the technology we have (cameras, trail cameras, satellites, etc.) someone hasn't gotten a decent picture of one.

Personally, I think weird things happen in the woods and humans like answers. When we cant answer things, we make it up in our heads to feel like we have answers.

Drenalin

WKR
Personally, I think weird things happen in the woods and humans like answers. When we cant answer things, we make it up in our heads to feel like we have answers.
You really feel like that’s a more rational explanation than supernatural and/or extraterrestrial beings randomly harassing people or - according to some - abducting, raping, and/or murdering people??? C’mon man, get your head out out of the sand! I can’t understand why some people are so resistant to the TRUTH!

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
I have seen tracks here in PA, and have had that feeling of dread people talk about in Colorado. Im guna send you a PM bro, I think youll want to read some shit.
Feeling of dread as evidence? Must have been lots of squatchs in the North Arkansas woods I grew up in. They must be dying out though as it happened less and less as I got older.

There must be one on the coast highway south of Big Sur. Foolish me, I though it was the combination of darkness, only being able to pick up one radio station, and not having seen another vehicle for over an hour combined with knowing another probably would not be by for hours. I thought about mountain lions and decided I did not really need to walk on the side of the road to finish that cigarette. Got back in my truck and kept driving south.

There is another one in BC. Foolish me, I told myself it was not having seen another human for hours combined with sleeping on the side of the highway in a U-haul with the next town being about 100 miles down the road and the last one being about 100 miles behind me. It was two legged hairless apes that spoke English that worried me at the time (a month and a half later that killing spree of tourist happened in BC).

Anyway, must have been a squatch watchin me, I like that explanation much more than the 'you're a little bitch, don't worry about it we all got to die' I told myself at the time.

Don't get that feeling much in AK, a 454 loaded with hardcasts being handy keeps squatch far away apparently. I also like that explanation better than admitting firepower is a comfort blanky for me.

def90

WKR
I'm pretty open minded but once you've lived in a place with coyotes, bobcats, racoons, fox, mtn lions, elk, and so on and you actually spend time outdoors, you come to learn all of the crazy sounds these animals are able to make, sounds that you would have never imagined. Every time you hear one of these supposed sasquatch sounds on a youtube video the first thing that pops in to my head is one of these well known animals.

Felix40

WKR
I had a guy call the sheriff’s office and ask for a game warden to meet him at his camp because he was harassed all night by some strange animal. I get there and he plays a recording of a coyote howling. The guy absolutely wouldn’t accept it was a coyote. He kept saying “that’s not what they sound like in Colorado”.

I also had a couple reporters try to get an interview to ask questions about Sasquatch. Luckily I pawned it off to someone else. For some reason it’s a super popular fantasy right now. I’m seeing shirts and decals and all kinds of stuff with Sasquatch on it.

I'm pretty open minded but once you've lived in a place with coyotes, bobcats, racoons, fox, mtn lions, elk, and so on and you actually spend time outdoors, you come to learn all of the crazy sounds these animals are able to make, sounds that you would have never imagined. Every time you hear one of these supposed sasquatch sounds on a youtube video the first thing that pops in to my head is one of these well known animals.
you know I grew up in a very rural area and some of the videos either A. they are edited incredibly or B. Are something I have never heard before. A few videos from TheFacts by HowtoHunt had some recordings sent it. So loud it didnt even make sense. One of them was terrifying. I dont know how some people dont start shooting in some of them.

2ski

WKR
You really feel like that’s a more rational explanation than supernatural and/or extraterrestrial beings randomly harassing people or - according to some - abducting, raping, and/or murdering people??? C’mon man, get your head out out of the sand! I can’t understand why some people are so resistant to the TRUTH!
What truth? That people hear something and explain it away without proof of what they think? That no body of one has ever been found? That with today's technology no solid unrefutable evidence has been shown.?

Here's a truth. I was camping one time and was woken up by something outside the tent snorting. It was LOUD and it was big sounding. It scared me. What was it you ask? Mule deer does mulling around our campsite. They do that frequently during the night when I camp.

Is there mis identification of sounds and what not, of course there is. One thing is for sure though and that is the semi written and orally passed down storied history that native americans have with the same described creature or people as some tribes state.

Nobody knows anything until something strange happens to them. Even then you are left with more questions than answers.

Thousands of people have the same kinds of encounters. We have a former U.S. president that writes about stories his hunting partners tell him about this topic publicly in a well distributed book. Almost every indigenous native people across the world have stories of Bipedal giants in their histories. Probability standpoint, cannot all be upright walking bears.

def90

WKR
Is there mis identification of sounds and what not, of course there is. One thing is for sure though and that is the semi written and orally passed down storied history that native americans have with the same described creature or people as some tribes state.

Nobody knows anything until something strange happens to them. Even then you are left with more questions than answers.

Thousands of people have the same kinds of encounters. We have a former U.S. president that writes about stories his hunting partners tell him about this topic publicly in a well distributed book. Almost every indigenous native people across the world have stories of Bipedal giants in their histories. Probability standpoint, cannot all be upright walking bears.

Gigantopithicus is/was real. Tribal oral histories rarely if ever speak in terms of time periods or history in terms of a recirded year or time period. It is highly likely that our ancestors walked the same ground as species such as Gigantopithicus. When native oral history is passed down the question is are they talking about beings that once existed with their ancestors 80,000 years ago or 100 years ago.

Gigantopithicus is/was real. Tribal oral histories rarely if ever speak in terms of time periods or history in terms of a recirded year or time period. It is highly likely that our ancestors walked the same ground as species such as Gigantopithicus. When native oral history is passed down the question is are they talking about beings that once existed with their ancestors 80,000 years ago or 100 years ago.
hey its definitely possible, although gigantopithecus' home range was modern day china to southeast asia. Now could they of migrated absolutely. What I am talking about is this.

This is but an example of a tribe's oral story. As well as even a painting.

I know nothing, I just read a lot and get as deep into the wild as I can.

def90

WKR
hey its definitely possible, although gigantopithecus' home range was modern day china to southeast asia. Now could they of migrated absolutely. What I am talking about is this.

This is but an example of a tribe's oral story. As well as even a painting.

I know nothing, I just read a lot and get as deep into the wild as I can.

Tribes/people in the new world migrated from Asia.