Social Media Manipulation - Intriguing and Scary

colonel00

WKR
Alright, I know this isn't really hunting related but I've seen threads on here about people and social media. We're also dealing with 2nd Amendment issues and an upcoming election again. I just thought this might be worth sharing. I haven't been too active on here recently but I thought I'd share these videos because it's just mind blowing. Like many folks, I'm not on social media really at all except to share some photos on Instagram. However, even if you aren't, you know folks that are and you see how consumed they are in what they read. I think these videos are quite educational and hopefully make folks take a step back when they read something to really think about it regardless of who posted it or how credible it might seem. Probably a good watch for the family for those with kids.

First of all, if you aren't familiar with the Youtube channel Smarter Every Day, I highly suggest checking it out. Destin makes some great videos that dive into the science of many interesting things from AKs under water and suppressors in slow motion to rocket science slow motion tattooing.

Now, 2 videos have been released so far with at least one more coming that talk about how social media platforms are manipulated. Unless you've been living under a rock, you've heard the allegations of Russia interfering with the past election. But what does that really mean? Even more, it's more frightening to see how this manipulation is being used to create division and push agendas far beyond what you might think.

There are two videos so far and I'll post links once more are released. Hopefully this will be educational to some and lead to a good discussion.

Oh, it also shows how hard it can be to keep the spammers and crap out of environments like this forum. Many thanks to the admins and mods for the work you do here.