Socks

Deadfall

WKR
I am looking for a good durable all year round sock.

I am on my feet all day every day. Am tired of going through socks all the time.

Guess a better question would be, does anyone even make a durable sock that's not 15 or 30 bucks a pair?

Any ideas would be fantesticle!

Jbxl20

WKR
I got tired of throwing socks out. I have a few pairs of darn tough and two pairs of kuiu. Now If I Get a hole in them I get a new pair. They pay for themselves. My favorite are the darn tough spur boot cuts.

dtrkyman

WKR
I like some of the Darn Tough socks but one pair I have are too damn tight! Wright socks are really nice.

Smartwool was once my go to but they do not last any more!

bond111

FNG
Darn Tough has definitely been my go to for many years now. I would also check out Farm to Feet socks as well. Fantastic quality from the couple pairs I have.

If you have a nearby Fleet Farm, they have Darn Tough on sale currently 50% off. I stopped by my local FF and grabbed 5 pairs(3x ankle cut, 2x Boot Cut), & 1 pair of womens Fox River for $58.

Only downside was it was slim pickins for my size, but they had a decent amount of XL & XXL sizes left.

Agree with the Darn Tough, I have a 3 lightweight spur boot cut for summer/work socks and my favorite other sock is the nomad midweight boot sock. Both have a good cushion on them. I do wear them out somehow but they usually last between 6 months and a year. I just save up the socks and use a flat rate box to ship 2-3 pair back for warranty at a time.

D S 319

WKR
I’m a fan of darn tough and the warranty is pretty easy for the most part just have to pay for shipping them in. I have worn through a dozen of them The hardest part is not losing them.

Another vote for darn tough. Exchange process is easy when you wear through a pair.
I tried a pair of smartwool last year on a hunt and it seemed like they didn’t get as crusty as fast though.

Kleos

Lil-Rokslider
Darn Tough Socks. 100% worth simping for. I worked 4 days a week wearing the same 4 pairs of Darn Tough socks going on 2 years and have 0 worrisome wear symptoms. Wait for a sale and invest in the socks you wont regret.

Look at it this way. You will spend the same amount of money over time buying shitty socks that are not comfortable / warm / breathable. Or you can invest in some quality socks that are all of the above and keep your feet from stinking.

The only war my socks have ever lost, is when my dang wife does the laundry and the poor guy goes MIA.

2ski

WKR
Does anyone have any experience with the Stone Glacier socks? Saw them in their store last time I was in. Didn't get to ask about them because the kid was busy outfitting a couple from Wisconsin with packs and I was just looking and didn't want to interrupt.

Omniwool from Sam's has served me well for the price. I also have Darntough, Smartwool, and Farm to Feet that are all good on the more expensive end.