Soft Bars

I searched but didn't see anything on this. What are some good bars that still stay relatively soft when it's cold out. I have a few bars that I like but when it's cold its like trying to gnaw on a brick. Any suggestions aside from dropping them in my trousers 20 minutes before I eat them? Thanks

xcutter

WKR
I haven't found any bars that stay soft but I try to put them close to my body for a while to warm up before eating them.

I agree cold hard bars are hard to eat.

I searched but didn't see anything on this. What are some good bars that still stay relatively soft when it's cold out. I have a few bars that I like but when it's cold its like trying to gnaw on a brick. Any suggestions aside from dropping them in my trousers 20 minutes before I eat them? Thanks
Try a DIY option. Often bars will be super hard when cold because of the fat content solidifying at room temperature (not always...but sometimes).

I've found making some bars with a fruit puree (banana or apple sauce) in place of the fat in a recipe will keep them relatively soft. I posted a recipe we recently did in another thread under the "cooking wild" heading that you might give a shot. They've stayed very soft on most trips I take them on. You can also cut them to size- big, smaller, bites, or.....whatever you prefer.

Anything soft seems to have moisture in it and gets hard. I do a lot of peanut butter crackers and jerky when it’s cold. Or like others said, put a bar or two in your pockets (or in your sleeping bag/under your pillow at night) and just plan ahead on what you need to eat so it stays warm.