Soft Camper Shells

bbrown

WKR
I’ve had a SoftTopper on my ‘12 Tundra Crewmax for 3 years now and no complaints. Easy on and off, keeps out the majority of the weather and dust isn’t any worse than the hard toppers I had on past trucks. It won’t stop a thief but neither will a hard topper if they really want in. Really nice to be able to fold it up by myself in less than 5 mins and hang it on the wall in my shop taking up little to no room.

Ive taken mine through both styles of car washes without issues.

apkleinschmidt

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve had a SoftTopper on my ‘12 Tundra Crewmax for 3 years now and no complaints. Easy on and off, keeps out the majority of the weather and dust isn’t any worse than the hard toppers I had on past trucks. It won’t stop a thief but neither will a hard topper if they really want in. Really nice to be able to fold it up by myself in less than 5 mins and hang it on the wall in my shop taking up little to no room.

Good info. Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

Ratbeetle

WKR
I have a softopper. Bought it for the weight savings over a hard shell. Overall I like it, but as mentioned, dust is a problem. If you drive dusty roads often, I'd look elsewhere. Pretty annoying to open up the back to find everything covered almost as if the top wasn't even on.

OP
G

Did you ever add a third brake light? I’m worried that someone is going to rear end me and then I get sued for having mine covered.

Bring this back up to see if opinions have changed or new info. I'm thinking about one for the truck I'm picking up today.

OP
G
Bring this back up to see if opinions have changed or new info. I'm thinking about one for the truck I'm picking up today.
I did end up buying a Softopper this spring. So far I am extremely pleased with the purchase and would highly recommend them. It’s so nice being able to keep things clean and dry and out of sight

I have purchased all stuff to wire a third brake light, including some strong magnets so I can do it without cutting into the material, but I have not got around to doing it yet.

I spent the $50 or whatever for the boot cover, but probably could have done without it as I personally leave mine up all the time.