Soft shell with pit zips, hood and solid color

jtivat

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for the update,
I guess I would pass on that one but for $150 if there are any left seem to be the best rain jacket.

Update:
today I received the 3 soft shell and I’m super impressed with one of them so far.

Not sure if I should start a new topic with my impression of them or just add it here let me see.
Would take some photos, measure pocket sizes to the best of my abilities. And how they fit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I would love to see your thoughts on them, but a new thread might be best.

ajbailey21

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for the update,
I guess I would pass on that one but for $150 if there are any left seem to be the best rain jacket.

Update:
today I received the 3 soft shell and I’m super impressed with one of them so far.

Not sure if I should start a new topic with my impression of them or just add it here let me see.
Would take some photos, measure pocket sizes to the best of my abilities. And how they fit.

If you start a new one, post link here

OP
S

Skybuster

FNG
Would start a new one and post the link here and a link to get here from over there as well.

Here are the categories:

Main zipper: how it feels smooth etc
Chest pocket zipper: same
Hand zipper: same
Pit zips: same
Inside pocket zippers: same
Hand pocket size: would try to measure
Chest pocket size: same
Arm pockets size: same
Inside pockets size: same
Noise: with DB meter from about 5’
Hood: how it feel, fit no adjustments
Hood side to side after adjustments: how it feel
Forearm fit: loose, snug etc
Chin coverage: how it feel and when you look down
Warm:
Wind: N/A it died and right now is not super cold
DWR:
Final thoughts:
Weight Ounces:

I think it would be a fun read, my wife already told me what the heck I’m doing o well.

Some of the zippers really don’t belong at this price point, but that is something I haven’t read here complains about the zippers breaking.
So they should last, but sure some feel fragile/cheap.

I hope to have it with some photos today.

OP
S

Skybuster

FNG
update:
I posted my overview of them here:

aarmst95

WKR
Yes, I do. The Jetstream has micro fleece backer that adds a bit of warm in addition to a windbreak, the vest does as well and works really well over fleece mid layer when I am semi active .
Trial, really curious on your thoughts of the reliance vs the Jetstream since you’ve ran both?

jd1006

WKR
I have both. The reliance does not have the micro fleece grid backer, so it’s not going to be as warm. I still think it handles wind well, has the advantage of a stowable hood, and is seam taped and fully water proof. It’s not as stiff as the Jet stream and the fabric is quieter. The Jetstream will require less layers in the cold, be a little more durable in busting brush. I think the reliance wins in an overnight backpacking application and the jetstream wins if the weather is cold and windy and you are day hunting.

Geardo

FNG
I prefer unlined soft shells. And for that I went with a HPG windcheater + some extra DWR.