Soft shells

To me there’s no comparison between those two jackets for that time a year. Jetstream all the way.

Agreed! Sold my guide jacket because of this very reason. I now own two jetstreams. One for hunting and one for around town. For a puffy in late October - November I use the LPP. It is very warm and also very durable. The Kuiu superdown and Sitka Kelvin aren’t even in the same class. I get good discounts from both Sitka and Kuiu and I still bit the bullet on the LPP. I can’t put a price tag on being able to stay warm while glassing during the later rifle seasons. Negative temperatures can be brutal while immobile.

Softshell jackets are a waste. Not waterproof. Not windproof. Heavy. Not warm for their weight. Fleece hoodie, lightweight rain jacket (I use the Outdoor Research Helium II, 6oz) and lightweight down puffy. Much better, lighter, more versatile system.

tlkaetz

WKR
I have used the Uncompahgre, Kelvin Lite and LPP. I sold the Uncompahgre and the LPP. I personally didn't think the Uncompahgre or the LPP were as warm as people say they are. I also hated the cordura on the LPP.

I run the Kelvin Lite and Cloudburst Jacket and I think it's a great system down to about freezing. I can go lower than that if I am moving. I need something much more substantial if I am stationary for long periods of time. That is why I picked up the Kelvin WS Hoody. Once it drops below freezing I pack that jacket and layer it over the Kelvin Lite and Cloudburst when I stop moving.