Solar Battery Pack

treillw

WKR
Any experiences with solar battery packs out there?

Are they effected by cold?

I currently need a battery pack for my Labradar, but might try to kill two birds with one stone and get something that I can use in the backcountry too - would need to be relatively lightweight. Would use it mostly for charging cell phones.

This one is tempting:

I need 10,000 mAh minimum for the Labradard.

Thanks!

rayporter

WKR
10,000 ma will run a labradar all weekend. if you are careful it will run a labradar for 5 days. a 10,000 ma fits in the case and is very convenient. i just used velcro to attach it to the unit.

i have a bigger battery for the phone and such. i find this to work better for me.

I've tried some of the small solar banks but they didn't fully charge up. I could have just got a bummed one, I really like the idea for backpacking, camping, or being in the field but need a charge.

OT but treillw if you shoot me a txt I can help you out with your wtb 556 brass add, I can't post in it due to being a new guy here. Four four three, 523 , four nine seven three.

Dioni A

Basque Assassin
A solar panel that size will do almost nothing. Just buy a battery pack big enough for your needs

Bater

WKR
Sounds like you need a standard battery bank. The “solar” portion on the solar banks is largely a gimmick. I have 3 and they might fully charge the bank in 6-8 days of full sunshine. On a side note, I use an Anker 21w and 15w solar panel to keep my Anker 10,000mAh bank charged on backpack hunts. In direct sunlight they will charge nearly as fast as a standard wall outlet.