Solar Panel for Camp Trailer?

DB Cooper

Lil-Rokslider
Does anyone have a recommendation on a good solar panel to hook up to a camp trailer?

The camp trailer is fitted with a ready-to-go plug in for solar

Thanks

AR

Most campers with just a plug for solar are nothing more than a lead to the battery. Sounds like all you want to do is keep your battery topped up? I'd recommend a cheap 100W panel of your choice, some come with a cheap charge controller which could be nice. Costco had a decent kit.

Now if you're trying to install an inverter to run 110V then you need to head over to the RV forums and do a whole lot more research...

22lr

WKR
I added 2 panels to my camper this year. I was going with the Renogy 100w panels, but shipping to Alaska can be nuts. Costco was selling a 100w panel by Coleman for $99, so I went that route. I like the monocrystalline panels, they seem to offer more flexibility with shade and shadow performance. Flexible panels can be nice but I haven't been sold on them unless you just have to have the low profile design. I'd rather a hard panel that I can take off the trailer at will. If you want flexible panels, look up Tito RV on YouTube and look at how he mounted them, basically turning them into a regular hard panel.

My rig wasn't solar ready so I ran it all myself, pretty easy to make your own MC4 cables, and you can customize your exact length. All my wires are 10ga and I set up the ends on my main wires with MC4 quick disconnects that can accommodate double the panels with just plug and play.

I used a Victron battery monitor and a Victor MPPT controller. On my controller, its rated for double my current max capacity, so super easy to just plug in more panels without worrying about anything.

Highly recommend looking up Titos RV on YouTube or his website, has some very well done videos explaining how the system works/how it should work.