Sole insert experience

Team4LongGun

SUPER MODERATOR
Staff member
While I’m waiting for my sheep feet insoles to get to me, I just tried the sole inserts that you bake for 2 mins.

For those that have done it-was it instant comfort, or did it take time/days for your foot to adjust?

I have flat feet and now these inserts give definite arch support, but my feet aren’t loving it...almost tingly/pressure.

Like to hear how others fared with sole inserts-thanks

Titan

WKR
Very flat feet here. Fought inserts for years - the worst were the custom ones.

Found 10 seconds flat foot inserts about 7-8 years ago at a running store and those were instant comfort. They aren't forcing an arch, they just realign your ankle.

ktowncamo

WKR
I recently came upon a brand called Tread & Butter (outdoorsy company) and they make a cork bottom sole much like the brand SOLE which I've used for quite some time. While I have a high arch, I noticed that Tread and Butter has one specifically for low or flat arches. Might be worth checking out.

I haven't baked my SOLE brand arches but just use them and in time they form. But you can heat them up just as well. Either way, it'll take a bit for your foot to become accustomed to the repositioning so expect some soreness and some discomfort. What level? Not sure as we're all different.

pirogue

WKR
I had severe past problems with plantar fasciitis. I now have Sole inserts in all my boots and shoes. However, I have never baked a pair.

BCsteve

WKR
I tried all kind of Superfeet since everybody keeps talking about them. Couldn’t find a comfortable pair. I also have flat feet. Tried the Sole and I now have them in both my Meindl and Hanwag hunting boot. Very comfortable to me..