Solid Archery Mechanics- Who's bought it?

Sticknstring

Im seriously considering the course, although Im just feeling un easy about if its a good investment right now. I shoot with a 3 time nfaa world champ who was featured on masters of the Barebow (multiple dvd) and Ive got a good coach in him. But it seems like Tom is offering something next level. Im not missing bucks or hogs, Im shooting alright but I obviously feel like I could be better. is there a pretty clear curriculum or is it just a bunch of videos on different aspects of the shot? does it offer constructive training drills to work on each of the elements in building your shot? Im not questioning toms skills in any way, im just not swimming in money and not exactly struggling to hit what I am looking at (but I know I could be alot better).... If I had more cash Id buy it to support Tom because he's done a ton to help so many. Thanks for all of your honest input on your experience with SOLID.

TCUHunter34

Just bought it yesterday. I don’t have enough experience with it yet to comment. But linked another recent thread on it.

OP
S

Sticknstring

Just bought it yesterday. I don’t have enough experience with it yet to comment. But linked another recent thread on it.

Thanks, yeah I didn't feel like I read any really good reviews on there and I figured starting a new thread would get more attention. Im on the fence ready to buy SOLID but Id like a structured program with training exercises and im wondering is SOLID is that.

TradLife406

I think if you're new it's great. But if you've been shooting a lot with good results it'll eff you up. It took me a few weeks to unClum. Though I did take a few things like the grip and the refresher on back tention was good.
I think if I was going to totally abandon my old ways and work one on one with Tom for a week it'd probably take better. Can't argue that it works. I watched Snyder shoot a 280 something. Guy can shoot better at 40 than most guys at 20. But he also started with Tom.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Swampwalker

Does he advocate shooting 3 under like so many coaches do? I'm kinda set in my ways shooting split. Main reason I haven't hooked up with other guys like Welch and others.

shoeshineman

I bought it 4 months ago and I'm now shooting the same group sizes I was getting with my compound (3-4" 3 arrow group at 20 yards). I think it is fabulous.

If I were on a budget, I would get an NTS archery book for $20 and watch the jake kazminksi videos on youtube as an alternative.

elkster

I've benefitted from it. Its taken months but doesn't have to. Started seeing results in days but the consistent improvement has taken time. Now when I shoot, I know what's gonna happen instead of hoping it happens.

Trumpkin The Dwarf

I think if you're new it's great. But if you've been shooting a lot with good results it'll eff you up. It took me a few weeks to unClum. Though I did take a few things like the grip and the refresher on back tention was good.
I think if I was going to totally abandon my old ways and work one on one with Tom for a week it'd probably take better. Can't argue that it works. I watched Snyder shoot a 280 something. Guy can shoot better at 40 than most guys at 20. But he also started with Tom.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
You have to commit to the system, or it isn't going to help you much. If you've shot all your life without coaching you need to be willing to destroy your current system to build a better one.

OP, I don't have the Solid Mechanics course, but I have become a bit of a cyber stalker of Tom Clum and Joel Turner. I decided to buy into their system 5 years ago when i didn't have the money, and I pieced my shooting together from their free content on podcasts. I'm pretty happy with where my shooting is now, but that's only true as of the past few months. Looking back, I should have just scraped together the money for both Shot IQ and Solid mechanics, and been done with it.

pcf

I bought it a while back. I already do most of what Mr Clum promotes, but I think I picked up enough pointers to make it worthwhile.

gordonka12

I bought it awhile ago and really liked it. A lot of the techniques I had already implemented it, but there is so much information in the course that I think anyone can improve their shooting.

Chilax_1

I am coming from a compound and getting into traditional archery. Is this a good place to start or is the course more for advanced shooters?

Courtlandfarms

I am coming from a compound and getting into traditional archery. Is this a good place to start or is the course more for advanced shooters?
I’ve shot compound since a youth and a few months back I decided I wanted a new challenge and moved to traditional. I bought a recurve and bought the SOLID course before learning any bad habits. I wouldn’t say it’s for the advanced and most would be better off learning his system from the get go rather than developing habits that don’t follow the system.