Solid Archery Mechanics- Who's bought it?

Im seriously considering the course, although Im just feeling un easy about if its a good investment right now. I shoot with a 3 time nfaa world champ who was featured on masters of the Barebow (multiple dvd) and Ive got a good coach in him. But it seems like Tom is offering something next level. Im not missing bucks or hogs, Im shooting alright but I obviously feel like I could be better. is there a pretty clear curriculum or is it just a bunch of videos on different aspects of the shot? does it offer constructive training drills to work on each of the elements in building your shot? Im not questioning toms skills in any way, im just not swimming in money and not exactly struggling to hit what I am looking at (but I know I could be alot better).... If I had more cash Id buy it to support Tom because he's done a ton to help so many. Thanks for all of your honest input on your experience with SOLID.

Just bought it yesterday. I don’t have enough experience with it yet to comment. But linked another recent thread on it.

OP
S
Just bought it yesterday. I don’t have enough experience with it yet to comment. But linked another recent thread on it.

Thanks, yeah I didn't feel like I read any really good reviews on there and I figured starting a new thread would get more attention. Im on the fence ready to buy SOLID but Id like a structured program with training exercises and im wondering is SOLID is that.

I think if you're new it's great. But if you've been shooting a lot with good results it'll eff you up. It took me a few weeks to unClum. Though I did take a few things like the grip and the refresher on back tention was good.
I think if I was going to totally abandon my old ways and work one on one with Tom for a week it'd probably take better. Can't argue that it works. I watched Snyder shoot a 280 something. Guy can shoot better at 40 than most guys at 20. But he also started with Tom.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Does he advocate shooting 3 under like so many coaches do? I'm kinda set in my ways shooting split. Main reason I haven't hooked up with other guys like Welch and others.

I bought it 4 months ago and I'm now shooting the same group sizes I was getting with my compound (3-4" 3 arrow group at 20 yards). I think it is fabulous.

If I were on a budget, I would get an NTS archery book for $20 and watch the jake kazminksi videos on youtube as an alternative.

elkster

FNG
I've benefitted from it. Its taken months but doesn't have to. Started seeing results in days but the consistent improvement has taken time. Now when I shoot, I know what's gonna happen instead of hoping it happens.

I think if you're new it's great. But if you've been shooting a lot with good results it'll eff you up. It took me a few weeks to unClum. Though I did take a few things like the grip and the refresher on back tention was good.
I think if I was going to totally abandon my old ways and work one on one with Tom for a week it'd probably take better. Can't argue that it works. I watched Snyder shoot a 280 something. Guy can shoot better at 40 than most guys at 20. But he also started with Tom.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
You have to commit to the system, or it isn't going to help you much. If you've shot all your life without coaching you need to be willing to destroy your current system to build a better one.

OP, I don't have the Solid Mechanics course, but I have become a bit of a cyber stalker of Tom Clum and Joel Turner. I decided to buy into their system 5 years ago when i didn't have the money, and I pieced my shooting together from their free content on podcasts. I'm pretty happy with where my shooting is now, but that's only true as of the past few months. Looking back, I should have just scraped together the money for both Shot IQ and Solid mechanics, and been done with it.

pcf

FNG
I bought it a while back. I already do most of what Mr Clum promotes, but I think I picked up enough pointers to make it worthwhile.

I bought it awhile ago and really liked it. A lot of the techniques I had already implemented it, but there is so much information in the course that I think anyone can improve their shooting.

Chilax_1

FNG
I am coming from a compound and getting into traditional archery. Is this a good place to start or is the course more for advanced shooters?

I am coming from a compound and getting into traditional archery. Is this a good place to start or is the course more for advanced shooters?

I’ve shot compound since a youth and a few months back I decided I wanted a new challenge and moved to traditional. I bought a recurve and bought the SOLID course before learning any bad habits. I wouldn’t say it’s for the advanced and most would be better off learning his system from the get go rather than developing habits that don’t follow the system.

GMC

Lil-Rokslider
I'm on the fence about this rather steep purchase. Anyone have any updates about the course, good or bad? I'll admit that I've been trying to listen to and watch as much of his free stuff as possible so I feel I've actually got a solid foundation to build on. I started roughly 6 months ago so I'm still a hack but my 12-18 yd groups are improving! ( most days )

Jdoc

Lil-Rokslider
I took Tom's course 2 years ago down in TX with Joel Turner and have to say i learned so much from them that i bought the course online after to refer back to when needed. I feel it cut 1-2 years off the learning curve and now that i own it i can go back and review any module i like if i feel like i am slipping or having trouble. You can never have too many arrows in your learning quiver and i would say it is worth it.

Wild_Musk

FNG
I bought it 4 months ago and I'm now shooting the same group sizes I was getting with my compound (3-4" 3 arrow group at 20 yards). I think it is fabulous.

If I were on a budget, I would get an NTS archery book for $20 and watch the jake kazminksi videos on youtube as an alternative.

Thanks for those references.

I’ve since gone back and bought Solid Mechanics so that I can fix breakdowns in my shot more quickly. It’s fantastic info, but the most valuable part is the ability to ask Tom a question via the comments for each video.

I bought the course and blew through it rather quickly to try and shorten the learning curve knowing I was going to spend some time in person with Tom. The in person time spent was truly priceless, but the online course is identical to what he teaches you if you were standing in front of him. I'm just over a year out from working with Tom and I'm currently going back through the online course at a bit slower pace to refresh my brain on things I know I've forgotten since our coaching session.
I've been blessed to have a lot of success in the field hunting and in competition, but I was never shooting correctly. It SUCKED the first couple months trying to essentially retrain by body and mind to shoot differently than I had the 20 years prior thousands upon thousands of shots and I definitely got worse before I got better (which I was told by a few different people would happen). I would not hesitate one bit to do it all over again knowing I'd be shooting better than before, and I would without question recommend the class to anyone, regardless of how long they have been shooting. Definitely worth the price of admission.