Solid Color choice: Olive Drab vs Coyote/Dark Khaki

Personally not into camo. For clothing and backpacks, which color works best in your area.......Olive Drab or Coyote (sometimes i've seen it listed as dark sand, British khaki)? Maybe even that dark carbon gray?

d_bach

FNG
I personally don't care for camouflage clothing either, I prefer olive drab.

I wear any earth tone other than black and the brown/tan close to deer/elk colors. Just so I don't get shot. So I guess I am more of an OD kinda guy.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

P Carter

WKR
I like colors that have “soft edges,” olive greens, soft grays, and that mud/mushroom/grayish-greenish-brownish that many brands have. I think it’s mud in prana, mushroom in outdoor research and pewter in outdoor research.

Prefer to wear "flat" and not "gloss". Colors include tan, dark brown, dark grey. etc. They seem to work well enough in most places.

But I don't wear the same color top to bottom; don't want to look like a delivery driver!

Pezboat

WKR
Olive drab here. I’m not a fan of browns in the woods. Heard too many horror stories. I’ll throw in gray pants here and there too.

j33

WKR
Coyote color blends better than Olive. I have an olive ferrosi soft shell but only wearing it with some sort of orange. If I didn’t it again would get a more olive color.

Rodéo

WKR
Not much to add here and I haven't heard the horror stories involving getting shot because you looked like an elk/deer but if someone mistakes a guy walking wearing brown for an elk/deer after looking at them through optics, what are the odds they are a good enough shot to actually hit what they're aiming at? Either way, I think I'll keep wearing coyote brown in the woods. If I end up getting shot like in the scenario I described above, they better kill me

Cspraggins

Lil-Rokslider
Both work great for a base when hunting. I prefer greens and grays over tans/khakis for Around town.

WCB

WKR
I hunt the dakotas, MT, WY.... once it dries out a bit coyote or similar is the way to go for at least your top. It is hard IMO to get to light in color. I have a mixture of both. My KUIU pants in olive look even better now that they are worn a bit and lightened up after 5 years of use. I wear more of he olive stuff early season or at least on my legs earlier in the season.

Sometimes it is material dependent also. I have seen stuff look great on certain material and then you look at it on another and it is not even close to the same.

I am not a huge fan of camo either especially rifle hunting as not really a point but I still like to blend at a distance. I will say when being in the elk woods in MT ot WY the old Mossy Oak Treestand camo was A#1.

Greens and grays for me. I also don't like looking like a deer or elk. I don't like black either after a lady hiker was killed in the backcountry by 2 rookie bear hunters. I believe she was bent over on a trail tying her shoe when the hunters came around the corner, got buck fever, and shot.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Green and grey. When I wear grey I‘m convinced all the animals think I’m a tree trunk. But for brown, I’ll be damned if a coyote isn’t one of the most blended in to its environment animals I’ve ever seen.

Clarkdale17

Lil-Rokslider
I like wearing green but my backpack is coyote so it mostly comes down to whatever I can find cheap. Or maybe I'm just confused with what I like?

Carlin59

WKR
Grey/Green here. For greens, I really like lighter greens. I’ve seen this called “sage green” before as opposed to a darker olive green. An earlier poster stated ‘the lighter the better’ and I tend to agree with that regarding solids for hunting.

Retterath

WKR
screw camo its all a marketing thing to get you to buy more of there stuff everytime a new camo comes out. I pretty much only buy solids now. Movement and wind whats gonna get you caught