Solid color hunting pants / work pants

Rokslide folks,

I have a hard time spending $150 plus on pants in a camo pattern to only wear 2-3 months a year. What are some good options for solid color pants that could double as work or just casual wear pants.

Looking for a midweight pant to wear during temps 40-70 degrees , then likely layer merino under that if colder.

A Few brands I am familiar with below but any other recommendations?

Sitka
Kuiu
Kuhl.

Geewhiz

WKR
I bought some of the wrangler outdoor pants from recommendations on here. They're like 20 or 25 bucks and are pretty sweet pants.

I have also looked into the eddie bauer pro guide pants and the prana zions but havent pulled the trigger on those yet.

cburgin72

Lil-Rokslider
Kryptek makes solids. I think 5.11 makes some decent pants that are tough. I dont know the price though.

Edited to add that Duluth makes some really good light weight pants. I have the ones that are in the alaskan hardgear line and I like them a lot.

Last edited:

cburgin72

Lil-Rokslider
I bought some of the wrangler outdoor pants from recommendations on here. They're like 20 or 25 bucks and are pretty sweet pants.

I have also looked into the eddie bauer pro guide pants and the prana zions but havent pulled the trigger on those yet.
I've got all three of these. The texture of the pranas and wrangler outdoors is pretty much the same compared to the EB pants. The EB pants are softer or more smooth. The good thing about the EB pants is EB pretty much has a no questions asked lifetime warranty. I need to use this because the stitching on the thigh pockets has come undone on the bottom. This is a common problem for these pants. I like all of them, but for the money the wranglers are really hard to beat. I think the EB pants are more of a slim fit compared to the others.

I've been wearing the Wrangler outdoor pant for a few years but I think the 5.11 Fast-Tac Urban Pant in Battle Brown might be better. 100% poly ripstop instead of a cotton blend like some of the other 5.11 pants, isn't overly "tactical" like the cargo model, and is really lightweight with room to layer.

The wranglers are pretty slim (which is fine for me) but gets a little snug with long johns underneath.

Urban, sale price under $40: https://www.511tactical.com/urban-fast-tac.html
Cargo model: https://www.511tactical.com/fast-tac-cargo.html

Obviously this will depend on region, but for CA dry climate hunting I really like the Carhartt Rugged Flex Straight Fit duck pants for when I know I will be brush busting through silverthorn/buckbrush.

I use my Stone Glacier De Havilland Pants for every outdoor adventure and every outdoor work thing I do. Hands down my favorite pants I have ever owned. I have owned sitka, first lite, under armour, and these are my go to.

HoytHntr4

WKR
Big fan of Prana Zions. Have hunted antelope in 100 degree weather, elk hunted, and also do all my tree stand and food plot projects with them and haven’t had a pair rip or come apart yet