Solid color hunting pants / work pants

SIR_34:16

FNG
Like others have said, Wrangler Outdoor pants are a great budget option. They do pill easily though. I tried a pair of Duluth Flexpedition and found my new favorite pair of pants. Much more durable and have dwr. Not sure I would pay retail ($95) for them, but at $29.99 on clearance sales they are a steal! (They also come in relaxed, standard, and slim fit options for all body types ;-))

Titan_Bow

WKR
Pranas were just on sale, I picked up a couple pairs at $55 a pair.
I’ve not given the Wranglers a try but I will. I did try the Eddie Bauer ones that a lot of guys mention. For me , there was no comparison to the quality of the Pranas. I’ve got some Prana’s that are going on season 7 or 8 now, and they do not look much different than brand new ones. I did rip a hole on the knee of one pair when taking a tumble on a hike once. I like the prana’s ad they are double and triple stitched, have good quality buttons/ zippers, and they fit me and are extremely comfortable. I have never paid full price for them, you can always find them on sale for 50 or 60 bucks. I wear them almost every day to work, hike in them on the weekends, and hunt in them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Never tried the wranglers however I have nothing but praise for my eddie bauer guide pro work pants.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Voyageur

WKR
As a couple others have said, Duluth Trading Company Firehose pants in the flex version. They have several different styles. Don't overlook their Flexpedition pant.
Also, Carhartt makes some excellent pants for work and play.
I like the Duluth and Carhartt pants because their price is very reasonable, their quality is top notch, and they are available in a roomy fit (as well as slimmer fits for those who go that route)
Hope this helps.

mark1j

FNG
I have recently discovered the LA Police Gear BFE Pants. They are probably my favorite. They have plenty of pockets but do not look like a tactical pant. I like the extra pockets for spare magazines. Also the Eddie Bauer Guide pants, especially for summer. They have 50% off sales often. I dont think I have wore jeans in 2 years.

tanker

Lil-Rokslider
Another vote for Wrangler Outdoor for lightweight and little investment. I bought a pair a month ago and am impressed so far.

Another option I really like for something a little heavier but still comfortable and stretchy is the 511 Tactical Apex. I wear them most days for work. If you watch for sales you can pick them up for $50-$60. Several color options.

Reactions: AKG

sneaky

"DADDY"
Every pair of Wrangler outdoor pants I've owned came apart on me. The stitching was awful. I'll stick to the Pranas I've had for 6 years that still look almost new.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

def90

WKR
5.11, Carhartt, Wrangler, Kuhl, Dickies, Prahna, Mountain Khakis, and so on...

Anything in brown, gray, or tan/khaki should be fine.

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor
Had Prana Zion shorts and pants going on 3 years now. Stiching starting to fail on the cuff on one set of shorts. Everything else looks like new.

Jxferg7

Lil-Rokslider
As an Insurance adjuster I ended up getting 3 pair of the Eddie Bauer Guides as a cost substitute to my Prana’s. I like the fit a little better, a bit cheaper, but certainly not as durable as the Prana’s.

idcuda

WKR
All my wranglers have lasted as long as my EBs, so far, plus better zippers, belt loops, and buttons. And no ridiculous Velcro on the back pockets - that drives me nuts.

LWPost

FNG
Kuhl resistors, I think, have been great with me..super breathable and good pocket layout

mdp22

FNG
Mountain Hardware Piero pants, I’ve got seven pair and the youngest are six years old. Can find deals on them but they cost around $80.