Solid color hunting pants / work pants

Tourguide

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide folks,

I have a hard time spending $150 plus on pants in a camo pattern to only wear 2-3 months a year. What are some good options for solid color pants that could double as work or just casual wear pants.

Looking for a midweight pant to wear during temps 40-70 degrees , then likely layer merino under that if colder.

A Few brands I am familiar with below but any other recommendations?

Sitka
Kuiu
Kuhl.
Carhartt or wrangler, cotton duck or brush pants, no critter I've ever killed cared.

Another for the wranglers. They're cheap and good. Yes the zippers could be better and yes they wear out but no faster than some$100+ pants I own.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

DMurphy

FNG
I dropped the coin for a pair of Prana Zion stretch and am very glad I did. They are very comfortable, look sharp (per my wife) and seem to be well made. This is my first cross-over article of clothing that I will wear to the office and the woods.

Buy once cry once. Most of that stuff is expensive for a reason. check out Camofire. You can get crazy discounts on there that help it sting a little less.

Voyageur

WKR
Kuhl Renegade pants in their Klassik fit. If these have been previously mentioned I apologize.
Tried some on in Scheel's yesterday and was very impressed with the fit, features, apparent quality, and price. I would have bought them on the spot, but they didn't have my color.

FredBear86

Lil-Rokslider
Not trying to hijack but also interested in this question. I'm not concerned if they are camo, but I'm looking for something with a lil looser relaxed fit especially in the legs. I've tried several of the mentioned and that's always been my nemesis is I dont like a slim leg or taper leg or what not. I want a good full cut pant. Any recommendations?

Voyageur

WKR
Not trying to hijack but also interested in this question. I'm not concerned if they are camo, but I'm looking for something with a lil looser relaxed fit especially in the legs. I've tried several of the mentioned and that's always been my nemesis is I dont like a slim leg or taper leg or what not. I want a good full cut pant. Any recommendations?
Carhartt or Duluth Trading

I just bought some Kuhls, I’m really liking them, not sure how they will last but the breathable/stretchy sides and crotch area make for a nice fit will doing activities

Sea Wolf

Lil-Rokslider
For me, as far as a real work pant, those Walmart wrangler pants are ok when it's hot but I'd daru they have very low durability and DO NOT hold up very long . Especially through any kind of welding or rolling on the ground. At least they're only $20.

What I've found to work best for me are Ariat Rebar m4 double front pants. They're like carhartt pants but lighter and they move with you a little more. I go right from work and into the field to hunt and they're great. I even bought the carhart knee pads and have them in the double front and I'll say, I have no reservations when kneeling in any situation. They hold up better than the single layer carhartt but breath the same. Yea they're $50 but I've worn 3 pair all year instead of 7 pairs of the Walmart specials and they're still going strong.

BobbyMac

Lil-Rokslider
If you hunt anywhere that are like the blackberry jungles of western oregon, you want a pant that is really tear and snag resistant...the wrangler pants are not what your looking for. They will get shredded in short order...not so much tearing but snagging badly. I love wearing them for work...they are very comfortable.

One pant that I have found that does a great job with resisting snagging and tearing is the prana brion. The fabric is just so much more durable! I think it's the same fabric as the zion stretch...not sure. I've had a pair for 5 or 6 years now and yes..there are snags on the legs etc..but they have been absolutely put through the wringer as I encounter briars every time I go into the field...def worth the $$.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk