Solid color pant

Lowg08

WKR
Ok so I’m trying some solid pants. I already have gunmetal grey attack pants. I’m trying to figure out which color will work the best. Just personal experience is what I’m hoping for or any advice that will help out

I'm not sure it matters too much. Earth tones seem to work fine for me.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

LJ Buck

WKR
Some of the hardest animals in a landscape to spot are grey (North America and Africa) so that's what I prefer as a solid. Think how mule deer go from summer red that stands out drastically more compared to when they turn grey.

It also works great in shadows when in the timber.

Shoes

FNG
I've called/killed a few coyotes wearing Kuiu's black and loden colors if that helps.

OP
Lowg08

Lowg08

WKR
I’m appreciative of any and all
Advice. I know to some it seems trivial but I’m very interested in others experience good and bad

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
First lite dry earth works really really well for Northern California hills 8 months out of the year when the hills aren’t green.

bmelton22

FNG
I've got the Kuiu attack pant that's awesome but recently bought Stone Glacier DeHavilland pants in the light tan color. That system with the underlayer that also has zipper is AMAZING! They've got the Velcro adjustable front zipper that goes up and down with your waist size and they're built in a way that they don't bunch up when you tighten them using that adjustable front zipper. Can't say enough good things.

Teaman1

WKR
I’ve started wearing Duluth Trade Co firehouse work pants (tan) the are comfortable and allow a big range of motion in the legs plus They are pretty tough. I’ll stick with my kryptek tops though :)

Hondo

WKR
I like to wear brown, green or grey pants hunting with camo tops as I feel that it helps breaks up my profile without resorting to wearing 2 different camo patterns. I'm not ashamed to admit that I can't bring myself to do that. I stick with medium tones. The bonus is that I can wear the same pants hiking or around town without the camo look.

OP
Lowg08

Lowg08

WKR
I have a hard time believing they don’t work. My brother in law killed two of his three bucks this year wearing chocolate carhartt pants and grey hoodie. He had green on the third one. Sitting on the ground for two of them. Reading everyone’s. Answers so far it seems that picking natural tones to your area is the best. I especially took notice of the mule deer comparison

OP
Lowg08

Lowg08

WKR
I’m beginning to put allot of thought into it. My dad used to hunt in woolrich gray pants and a red and black plaid jacket. Also one time in a borrowed red insulated suit

Jimss

WKR
A lot may change depending upon the terrain (rocks, etc), vegetation, and time of year you'll be hunting. Camo color, and camo pattern may be important depending upon the species you are hunting. I always want to pull everything in my favor so it's important for me to wear camo on both top and bottoms. I also wear different tops than bottoms to break up the human profile.

just me but i wouldnt dream of wearing anything in the brown/tan spectrum whether a pack or clothing while hunting. grey pants and and camo tops seams to break up the human form.

OP
Lowg08

Lowg08

WKR
I DO NOT wear solid brown during deer season considering I hunt only public land. To many incompetent people with little to no sense. For instance ooh the bush moved, must be a deer BLAM! Oh shoot I killed someone. That happened near us this year. I prefer like an olive or Loden or grey. I wear extra orange when walking to and from my stand.