Solo Archery Targets - Unfortunate Buyer Experiences

Hey guys just wanted to let everyone know, I recently made a large purchase from Solo Archery Targets after going back and forth between them and full 3D targets (I already had a couple). placed my order 32 days ago now and received the order confirmation email from them right away and then nothing.

I tried multiple times to get in contact (no phone number listed) so email and social media are my only options. After a couple weeks went by I started researching and found out this has happened to others recently as well. Just wanted to inform anyone that was thinking of buying from them - Its pretty unfortunate this is going on and a company can't respond to a simple email to at least give buying customers some feedback even if they are behind or experiencing delays of some sort.

-Jordan

I just saw that one of the owners died on October 29.

24def88d3f90407773959859a78e4816.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Salmon River Solutions

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
If it was an LLC and they didn’t have any legal documents for ownership pertaining to one owner passing away the company may have to be dissolved. But In that situation I would definitely give them some leeway.

OP
Jmiller_outside
Obviously if that's the case I would definitely give them some time to respond in leu of the circumstances.

Team4LongGun

SUPER MODERATOR
Staff member
Appreciate the heads up, but you may want to edit your heading. SCAM is not what you are describing. I don't know of a single company that is up to date on shipping, personnel, products in stock etc. Hell-when Midway USA disables their phones, you know its serious.
If and when you find out the reason for the delay is NOT a scam, but rather an oversight, or as listed above, a death from what could be a small 1 or 2 person shop, your accusations' damage is not retractable.

I've got no dog in the fight-I've never even heard of that company, but in today's day and age too many are jumping online/using social media and bashing a company because of their singular experience when at times the full story is never heard.

Appreciate the heads up, but you may want to edit your heading. SCAM is not what you are describing. I don't know of a single company that is up to date on shipping, personnel, products in stock etc. Hell-when Midway USA disables their phones, you know its serious.
If and when you find out the reason for the delay is NOT a scam, but rather an oversight, or as listed above, a death from what could be a small 1 or 2 person shop, your accusations' damage is not retractable.

I've got no dog in the fight-I've never even heard of that company, but in today's day and age too many are jumping online/using social media and bashing a company because of their singular experience when at times the full story is never heard.
2 months of no return phone calls or emails sure seems like it COULD be a scam. At the very least it’s a poorly ran business. What if he never gets a reply or the target, Is it still just an oversight? I don’t have a dog in the fight either but I think after 2 months of not receiving the product I ordered nor a response, I would have refuted the charges on my credit card as a scam.

Team4LongGun

SUPER MODERATOR
Staff member
Beaver you are spot on. I would have refuted the charges as well. I would even post it up for other to be aware and not end up in the same predicament. I am simply, and LITERALLY saying the word "scam" has connotations that are irreversible. COULD be can also be COULD BE NOT. I don't care to play the semantics game, was in agreement with OP, and am you, minus calling it a scam. Over and out.

Beaver you are spot on. I would have refuted the charges as well. I would even post it up for other to be aware and not end up in the same predicament. I am simply, and LITERALLY saying the word "scam" has connotations that are irreversible. COULD be can also be COULD BE NOT. I don't care to play the semantics game, was in agreement with OP, and am you, minus calling it a scam. Over and out.
Wasn’t trying to come across as argumentative either. My bad if my post came across as that way. I get your point also. Hope I didn’t come across as an ass.

Fatcamp

WKR

If I spent $1000 on something and didn't receive said item or any contact from the company for months I would feel scammed.

OP
Jmiller_outside
2 months of no return phone calls or emails sure seems like it COULD be a scam. At the very least it’s a poorly ran business. What if he never gets a reply or the target, Is it still just an oversight? I don’t have a dog in the fight either but I think after 2 months of not receiving the product I ordered nor a response, I would have refuted the charges on my credit card as a scam.
I appreciate the feedback and respect your thoughts. I can admit my frustration probably didn’t help anything when I I initially made the post (just edited the title).