Solo montana elk hunt propositions

New to the forum here. I've been a long time lurker. I archery hunt here in western WA and have been hunting mule deer in eastern MT for the last 10 years. I am looking to do an out of state elk hunt. I'm not 100% sold on montana but I have experience there and 3 elk points (not enough to do anything real special obviously). I don't hunt with very many people and this will be a solo trip. I'm hoping someone here can give me some recommendations on what to expect from certain areas. I understand there is a lot of pressure and the sweet spots someone will not want to give up. I'm not looking for honey holes. Just an idea on where to start and what to expect. I am open to either archery or rifle. I am looking at the west side because of the general tag areas. I have a quad although I've never used it on a hunting trip and a newer pickup with aggressive tires and yes I know about the mud and wet roads. I do not like hunting from the pickup. I am a hiker and will cover a lot of ground to escape pressure. I have zero experience in grizzly country which makes me a little nervous but I am willing to learn. I have been eyeballing 322, 320, 333, 323 and 324 and I'm still considering other areas. I would really appreciate some honest input. I know that the info I'm searching for is kept tight lipped so I appreciate any help. I simply just don't know anyone that hunts over there and it's hard to make it over there to scout in the off season, although I'm going to try to make it there this summer. Please PM me if you have any info you dont want airing to the world.
Thanks in advance

Deadfall

WKR
If you have no experience in grizzly country, DO NOT learn on a solo hunt. Hunt somewhere without grizzly activity.
The rest does not matter. All elk units hold elk. They all have good mature bulls ( contrary to public opinion/pontification)

OP
Outlaw2007
If you have no experience in grizzly country, DO NOT learn on a solo hunt. Hunt somewhere without grizzly activity.
The rest does not matter. All elk units hold elk. They all have good mature bulls ( contrary to public opinion/pontification)
I won't argue with you on that. I'd prefer to avoid griz country if I can. I just don't know what areas are bad and what areas are fairly safe. I understand the whole "there are no elk here anymore" thing. We have the same thing going on here all the time. I find the animals here just fine, because I work harder than most of the guys around here. I did hear that a couple of areas in MT got pretty wiped out though. (I heard some bad stuff about the Bob Marshal). I also heard from a couple of people that there has been a lot of camps getting robbed and such. I will be camping out of my truck and I would like to avoid a campground.

Deadfall

WKR
I won't argue with you on that. I'd prefer to avoid griz country if I can. I just don't know what areas are bad and what areas are fairly safe. I understand the whole "there are no elk here anymore" thing. We have the same thing going on here all the time. I find the animals here just fine, because I work harder than most of the guys around here. I did hear that a couple of areas in MT got pretty wiped out though. (I heard some bad stuff about the Bob Marshal). I also heard from a couple of people that there has been a lot of camps getting robbed and such. I will be camping out of my truck and I would like to avoid a campground.
The bob is loaded with bears. Will most definitely have an encounter with bears in the bob

Deadfall

WKR
Invest in a electric fence. 5 wire high atleast. You can access the standard from forest service office. Use bear spray instead of pistol. Unless you practice quick draw with about 2000 rounds a year.