Solo

Solo or Partner

• Total voters

dotman

WKR
Who's going solo in 2012 and why or why not?

I will be because i enjoy hunting at my own pace, have had more luck this way.

Last edited:
I will likely be hunting solo and with a partner. I agree elk are big and heavy and it doesn't hurt to have a extra hand in taking care of the animals once down...

OP
D

dotman

WKR
I hunt or help from Aug 15th-November, so I will be doing a good amount of each.

I'll make sure to give you a call from the top of the mountain for pack out assistance :). Short drive down south right j/k

I hunt with a partner only because he's my son, and is only 16. Perhaps this year he will feel comfortable enough to hunt on his own, and maybe I will be comfortable enough to let him.

i wont take a position on this just yet. if my friend Greggs (some of you know him as GSelkhunter on another site) rehab goes well from his recent double knee replacement surgery in December i will hunt with him. if he is not ready yet i will hunt solo again. either way i can't wait til September

TJ

WKR
I voted solo. Grew up hunting with my brother but somewhere along the way it seemed our hunting ended up more camping than hunting.

Too many trails so little time.

RosinBag

Super Moderator
Staff member
So far my plans are CA Deer solo, NV Deer solo and CO Elk solo or maybe meet up with a partner back there....I don't mind hunting with a partner, I just don't get that many people willing to backpack hunt as often as I like.

Jody Cyr

FNG
Solo, i like my own mistakes costing me opportunities:) Actually, there are a few guys a really enjoy hunting with but for the most part i like to be alone.

>>>---WW---->

Lil-Rokslider
The way I look at it, I can mess things up bad enough all by myself so I don't need any help!

Actually, I hunt solo all the time. The pride of getting the job done all by myself is very satisfying.

lab-roamer

Lil-Rokslider
Aron

What do you start hunting on August 15th?

Be hunting both solo and with a partner.

vcb

WKR
Ok I voted solo for a couple of reasons. First off I have dudes that are super fired up about bowhunting in March but every early September something always comes up!!...work...kids....etc.....if this is your passion...screw it...Put solid plans on the calendar and stick to it!! The only excuse is your wife is having a baby!! etc....The other half that I have experienced is ok your partner calls in the bull and you shoot it right. Then next year I feel like I owe him a elk and he is ALWAYS out front. My season is just calling. Its nice to just go solo. You can go at your own pace and call to locate and then sniper in......

Xtorminator

Lil-Rokslider
My wife is my hunting partner and she plans on being there as much as she can. When she is at work I go solo most of the time.

diggerson

Lil-Rokslider
Probably solo for me for elk. I have a few buddies I hunt other species with, but these same guys aren't into getting after elk seriously. They may go to elk camp, but camp is mostly what they do. So, I'll go it alone this year.