Solomon 4d 3 gtx?

titus383

Lil-Rokslider
Mine are leaking now as well. I looked again, they claim "weatherproof" but not "waterproof". Anyone know if Salomon's limited warranty will cover them leaking? Wasnt an issue in snow, but they suck up the water in the wet grass now that its warmed up.

Either way, the most comfortable boot I've owned, will always have a pair laying around now, waterproof or not.

Update:
Amazon will not honor or facilitate the Salomon warranty on these boots. And Salomon just refers me to the Authorized dealer I bought them through (Amazon). Do not order these boots through Amazon. Plus, Bezos sucks anyways...

If your boots are within the two year period from purchase Salomon should cover them. I had one pair warrantied through them. The second pair is being replaced through Gore-Tex. Salomon wouldn’t replace the second pair since they were a replacement of the first pair. Once that happens the 2 year warranty for the new pair is the same as the old pair. Salomon refereed me to GORE-TEX, who was easy to work with. There is a thread on here about the GORE-TEX Tex warranty’s too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LaHunter

WKR
As far as sizing goes, I wear 11 regular width in 4 different types of Lowa boots and I wear 10 1/2 regular width in the Salomon 4D boots

Vandy321

WKR
I consider myself a true sz 10...at least my left foot is, right is a tad smaller. My Asolo 9.5s stuff my toes. My Asics/nike/NB, etc running shoes all fit semi loose in a 10. I would agree the 4d is slightly on the smaller side of 10, but I dont think its enough to size down, at least not for my feet.

Savage99

WKR
Just bought a pair. Normally a 12, but took them back and got a 12.5 so my toes don’t jam on downhills.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

welch01

FNG
Got my first pair last fall and love them.

I've had challenges over the years finding boots that work for me cause my feet are so wide. Bought these last year, went on a couple walks on lunch breaks and then hunted with them a week later. I'm sure they will start leaking soon and with my feet I don't anticipate them being super durable but I'm willing to sacrifice on that for comfort right out of the box.

bracer40

Lil-Rokslider
Just started wearing my replacement pair ( thanks Salomon customer service!) and they’re comfortable right out of the box. First pair did start leaking at about 18 months. Fortunately customer service was great to work with. They asked for proof of purchase and just photos of the boots. Didn’t have to package and ship them.

Uttlc

FNG
Ordering a pair of these myself. Tried some on yesterday, and they are definitely on the long and skinny side.