Solomon Quest 4D GTX for Colorado Elk

Berdno21

FNG
He to the forum so apologies if this has been covered, I’m looking at a Colorado Elk hunt within the next couple of years. I have a pair of these. Do you think they would work archery or an early season muzzleloader. I’m starting to acquire gear and really don’t mountain hunt on east coast.

Thanks for opinions.

HiMtnHntr

WKR
I wear mine clear into November. Since weather is unpredictable I'd have a spare pair of boots available though.

Beendare

WKR
I've been using them for many years....my advice, but from a reputable outfit in case of return...and test them for waterproof when you get them. Overseas mnfr ...some fail right out of the gate.

____

JWAZ

FNG
I agree with Beendare above.... Test them out. Certainly a good elk boot though. Consider some high quality socks and possibly aftermarket insoles for added support.

NYSKIER

WKR
I've been using them for many years....my advice, but from a reputable outfit in case of return...and test them for waterproof when you get them. Overseas mnfr ...some fail right out of the gate.

____
I second this as well. I often waterproof mine in advance as well. Buy from REI and you can return them if you have issues