Solvent trap form 1 or suppressor

ericwh

WKR
Just out of curiosity. Why would you want to weld the baffles? Is it just for durability? Wouldn't that take away from the ability to clean them?
I'm running down this rabbit hole my self and have my 6g Ti cert. So wondering if welding pros out weight the cons.
Also where are you getting your end caps? Or are you machining them your self?

In my mind, basically just saves the weight of the tube (eliminates the tube entirely).

Most people don't think cleaning is a thing to be done - they believe a dirty suppressor causes more gas turbulence which = suppression. You could still clean it in an ultra-sonic cleaner if desired.

Only 30 days? I may need to get one sent in!
I need to submit a few more. I bought my kid a S&W 15-22. It’s a little AR 22. I’m going to order a couple $10 Alibaba kits and double up the baffles in one can. Should work great for 22lr.

8foothog

FNG
I need to submit a few more. I bought my kid a S&W 15-22. It’s a little AR 22. I’m going to order a couple $10 Alibaba kits and double up the baffles in one can. Should work great for 22lr.
I’ve got one of those S&Ws. Good shooting little thing. I’ve ran it with a suppressor and it worked fine but I leave my 22 can on a bolt gun. Super quiet!

Hey guys, never posted before but long time lurker. Hopefully this isn’t too much of a necropost. As for form 1 stuff the two best resources are silencer student on YouTube, if you want more info you can join his patreon page for a month or two. He goes through the process of building different platforms although a lot of it is for 300blk and 5.56 SBRs but he does meter everything and has graphs on the performance. It’s worth the time and money to join for a month to understand how to properly set up a build. The other source is the form1suppressor boards, lots of info and vendors. If you do FB “form 1 (cans) basics” has some decent info if you can put up with the same questions daily. The real benefit is the files section that has step by step filling out the form 1 on the website. Pro tip, you can roll your own finger prints, the cards are free from the ATF and no limits; you need two completed sheets per submittal and you only have 10 days to submit them with your cover letter so order cards before you start. Another thing that messes a lot of people up is a custom model name, just choose one from the drop down menu or it’s an automatic pending research for 90 days. There’s a number of decent parts suppliers for components, be it heat treated steel, Ti, Aluminum, and even inconel if you want to pay for it, most of us run 1-2 HT 17-4 first then the rest either normal 17-4 or TI. I’d look for a tube that has ASR pattern threads on one end, it’s becoming the standard for mounts from most manufacturers on rifle cans.