Solvent trap surpressors

isu22andy

WKR
Anyone make one legally ? From what it sounds like - you can make your own suppressor if you file Form 1 ( Can efile it ) with the ATF to manufacture a suppressor - provide and etch a serial # into your suppressor and basically you are good to go. 3 week wait on the Efile sounds like . Lots of kits online but wondering if anyone here has actually done it and has any recommendations on ways to go ? Thanks for any input .

OP
isu22andy

isu22andy

WKR
What was the specs on the build and how much did it cost ya ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brian421

FNG
I got my last form 1 in like 14 days. A whole lot faster than a form 4.

Grumman

WKR
Never heard of it so did some research last night. The JK Arnaments look sweet but they were all sold out. Tagging along to see what others recommend.

Smid

WKR
Relevant to my interests as well. I’d love a .22 can, my silerncerco can will most likely be in jail for the next year.

OP
isu22andy

isu22andy

WKR
Its still no cheap venture , but you can seem to save quite a bit when it comes into 30 cal Titanium cans. Just hard to figure out what components and spacers and baffles go where. Seems to me like all you would need is a drill press and youd be good to go .

Never done the solvent trap , but own a few suppressors. At least with factory most will warranty a baffle strike not sure how the solvent trap works when it comes to problems and warranty.

I went down the solvent trap rabbit hole pretty recently and IMO the only ones that look worth it don't cost that much less than a good deal online for one from a reputable manufacturer. I ended up buying an all titanium suppressor (with lifetime warranty/support) on GunBroker for like $75 more than a solvent trap.

Performance is (often considerably) worse, weight and bulk is worse, and you have to assume the lifetime of the product is likely to be shorter (= higher true cost)

Sled

WKR
i entertained the thought for a bit and then decided to learn some patience for better product. i wanted quiet, light, short and repeatable POI. i compromised on short but my next one will be nice and short. might compromise on the quiet part though.

i entertained the thought for a bit and then decided to learn some patience for better product. i wanted quiet, light, short and repeatable POI. i compromised on short but my next one will be nice and short. might compromise on the quiet part though.
What did you get?

I'm was seriously considering one for the short wait time, but a couple of web sources (nfatracker and silencershop) are showing over 200 days for a E file form 1 to be approved. Is that not correct?

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

mcr-85

WKR
I had 2 stamps come back recently. 28 days and 32 days I think is how long they took. Something close to that. Life keeps getting in the way of me building them though. One of these days I'll get them finished.

Geeb

FNG
A friend of mine built a few; in my opinion they aren't as quiet as my store bought suppressors. Not nearly as expensive either though. Just food for thought.

coop2424

WKR
I just got my form 1 Efile back today and was 24 days total from when I submitted and 8 of those being weekends. I went this route basically due to wait times.

Sled

WKR
What did you get?

silencerco harvester. almost went tbac ultra 7 but i wanted direct thread in 1/2-28 without an extra adapter. they don't make those for larger calibers but you can get adapters. next will likely be 7 to 5 inches and under 10oz including attachment.

ericwh

WKR
Its still no cheap venture , but you can seem to save quite a bit when it comes into 30 cal Titanium cans. Just hard to figure out what components and spacers and baffles go where. Seems to me like all you would need is a drill press and youd be good to go .

Trying to figure out how to clip the cones. I'm sure it could be done carefully by hand. There are also licensed individuals providing boring and clipping services.

mcr-85

WKR

Trying to figure out how to clip the cones. I'm sure it could be done carefully by hand. There are also licensed individuals providing boring and clipping services.
There is a guy on those forums you posted that 3D prints jigs for using a dremel and file. I haven't figured out how I am going to clip mine quite yet. I' thinking it will be a double clip by using a 5/32 or 3/16 chainsaw file.