Some Australian longbow action

Hi all,

I put this short preview video together of me shooting my new longbow. I'll make a more thorough review/overview video soon but I want to get some critters on the ground with it first.

I'm conscious of the way my bow arm appears to drop after the shot. I've sent multiple videos of me shooting my bows to Tom Clum and he isn't worried about it and tells me it's just the way my body moves after expansion as a result of increasing tension. Besides that, I'm continually working on my form and shooting the bow as much as possible, keeping in mind I need to rest a lot because it's a fairly hefty bow.

Have a look if you're interested and let me know what you think.

Cheers.

Montyb

FNG
Your form looks pretty good to me, for what it’s worth. That looks like a high poundage bow which is causing the perceived bow arm drop. Almost like recoil. I’m no expert just my thoughts. Great looking bow!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
W
Your form looks pretty good to me, for what it’s worth. That looks like a high poundage bow which is causing the perceived bow arm drop. Almost like recoil. I’m no expert just my thoughts. Great looking bow!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheers for the kind words mate.

My arm does that even with low poundage bows. It's sort of like recoil in a way and it's probably a lot to do with the way I hold tension with my bow arm. I'll keep working on things but as long as it's consistent I don't see too much trouble, and I see it happen to a lot of other people. As long as I'm conscious of it I don't see me getting into too much trouble. Time will tell.

Nice!! That one should make some meat for sure.

Hopefully mate. Got a long way to go with it.