Some friends asked us to meet them at Safari Club 2023 in Nashville, but??????

Mojave

WKR
I am trying to wrap my head around it. Every video I have watched from it would lead me to believe that it would be ok to bring family there. I have 3 daughters from 7-10.

It doesn't look nutz crowded like some of the other shows I have seen.

If I go on Thursday will that be the least crowded. If it is crowded my kids are going to be stressed and bored.

My wife keeps watching these videos with Brittany Boddington and Tiffany Lakosky and Christi Titus and telling me she needs a clothes that are more sparkle and fur and cowgirl boots.

So 5 flights to Nashville, $1800
3 nights in a hotel in Nashville $1000 near the event.
Clothes for my wife and kids so they sparkle like everyone else there $1000
$1000 on the crap they will buy at the show when I am not looking
Food $500
Taxi or whatever it is to the airport $200
Parking on our end at the airport $150

So $5650 to save 10% on a hunt in 2024?

Hell of a discount.

Yep not going.

tdhanses

WKR
So go by yourself or with the wife, drive or fly and don’t sparkle to impress people and get a good hunt at a discounted price, it doesn’t have to be expensive to go.

robtattoo

WKR
I'll be there in my usual Wranglers, Hawaiian shirt & Chuck Ts
Not looking forward to the parking (long bed F Big 50s aren't great downtown) but it should be a fun weekend of gawking at trophies & fine English rifles.
I'm sure I'll blow a few hundy on stuff that I absolutely can't live without (leopard skin hatband anyone?) but other than financing the ticket, it really doesn't need to be that spendy.

OP
Mojave

Mojave

WKR
I don't actually want to go at all.

When it was in Vegas or Reno it was easy.

1300 miles away makes it not worth it.

I am looking forward to our own little El Paso SCI convention.

If we move back to Wyoming this fall, I'll probably hit the sportsmans Expo in Salt lake.

SCI in someplace I don't want to go and the entire family wants to turn it into a trip. I don't see the point.

As for my girls, my wife is a house wife. Professionally she has not worked outside the home in 12 years. And we are kind of home bodies, who don't dress crazy. But it will drive her crazy to go with two other couples and not dress the part. Daughters will want the same kind of sparkle.

I personally just want to book a family fishing trip in Saskatchewan and do a spring bear hunt.

My wife is and the other 2 couples are actually goading me to go.

kybuck1

Lil-Rokslider
Didn't know about it, but about an hour away from me I may have to check it out. What's to do at the convention that's appealing?

MattB

WKR
Sometimes it isn’t all about what we want. If your family really wants to go, I’d strongly consider it.

And who knows, but hanging out with family and friends in one of the marquis cities in the US while attending a hunting convention might actually be fun?

grfox92

WKR
Under no circumstances would I spend over 5k to go to a hunt expo.

I used to go the the Harrisburg show every year with my wife and kids. Cut out airfare because we drove. I never spent more the $500. That includes hotels and nice meals and probably gas from NY.

You could probably go to a nice resort with your entire family for a week for $5600.

Sent from my SM-G990U using Tapatalk

The_Yetti

Lil-Rokslider
Your family wants to go, and it is a hunting related thing, so it's mostly a win/win in my mind. It may not be my cup of tea, but it's not a trip to see Disney on Ice or something like that....

OP
Mojave

Mojave

WKR
Under no circumstances would I spend over 5k to go to a hunt expo.

I used to go the the Harrisburg show every year with my wife and kids. Cut out airfare because we drove. I never spent more the $500. That includes hotels and nice meals and probably gas from NY.

You could probably go to a nice resort with your entire family for a week for $5600.

Exactly, why I am not going.

When we could drive to it, things were totally different.

I used to drive 5 hours to hang out for 5 hours to drive home 5 hours in Dortmund Jagd and Hund when I lived in Germany.

I might go to the sheep show by myself, at least I can drop her and the kids off at her parents house and get a cheap hotel.

hunterjmj

WKR
We go the the Western Hunt expo each year and spend way to much but it's a great time to have fun with the family in February. I don't book hunts or any of that. The kids have fun, we hit the mall next door for the wife and we eat at the food court in the mall. Just a fun 3 day getaway with the family.

Steve O

WKR
Classified Approved
Why would you think you are going to save 10% booking a hunt at SCI? Or any convention?

tdhanses

WKR
Exactly, why I am not going.

When we could drive to it, things were totally different.

I used to drive 5 hours to hang out for 5 hours to drive home 5 hours in Dortmund Jagd and Hund when I lived in Germany.

I might go to the sheep show by myself, at least I can drop her and the kids off at her parents house and get a cheap hotel.
That is one way to look at it or you could look at spending $5k to take the family on a vacation and take a day to attend a hunting related event, there will be other things to do in the area the family will enjoy.

def90

WKR
Just go to the damn show. Nashville is fine for the family.. no one needs bling on their shirt unless they want to be a person with bling on their shirt.

grfox92

WKR
We go the the Western Hunt expo each year and spend way to much but it's a great time to have fun with the family in February. I don't book hunts or any of that. The kids have fun, we hit the mall next door for the wife and we eat at the food court in the mall. Just a fun 3 day getaway with the family.
This is how we did the Harrisburg show. Just a fun weekend getaway. I need to look into the Western Hunt Expo now that I'm in WY. I miss that trip.