Some friends asked us to meet them at Safari Club 2023 in Nashville, but??????

OP
Mojave

Mojave

WKR
Dont let her see picture or videos of this one. You will be out the clothes money.
Same sparkle?

She can drop me off at the show in Denver or Salt Lick and visit family. So I should be there alone.

OP
Mojave

Mojave

WKR
Bedazzled pants, shmedium affliction shirts and mountain ops hats are required for entrance.
Dammit man I am not gay enough to do aSportsmans show. Kuiu and wranglers with cow shit on them.

CorbLand

WKR
Dammit man I am not gay enough to do aSportsmans show. Kuiu and wranglers with cow shit on them.
You might get away with just wranglers but you have to tuck them into your cowboy boots. Ariats, square toe only.

If you have a beard, it has to be a fashion statement. Better be cleaned, combed and oiled to perfection. It can’t be out of pure laziness and a hatred for shaving.

We went last year. Had a good time handling shotguns I’ll never own, but now I understand. Also got fitted for a side by side, that’s something I can take advantage of. Dr. Catherine had a hard time with all the trophy brides and popped out titties. Our reason for going was to meet our African outfitter. I like him on the phone like him in person and he understood the outfitting business.
I asked Catherine if she wanted to go this year. NO!!!!! Amazing how much money is walking around

svivian

WKR
You might get away with just wranglers but you have to tuck them into your cowboy boots. Ariats, square toe only.

If you have a beard, it has to be a fashion statement. Better be cleaned, combed and oiled to perfection. It can’t be out of pure laziness and a hatred for shaving.
You forgot about the mullet or rat tail to go with your hush hat

CorbLand

WKR
You forgot about the mullet or rat tail to go with your hush hat
I give mullets a pass because I think they are sweet. I had a pretty awesome one for a year.

Rat tails are gross.

The best part of the hunt expo is seeing how many middle aged, wanta be 17 again, men are hanging out in the Mossback booth. I also enjoyed seeing how many times some outfitters can kill the same animal by changing the date on the sign in front of it. Pretty sure there were some that were going on 4 years last time I went.

OP
Mojave

Mojave

WKR
We went last year. Had a good time handling shotguns I’ll never own, but now I understand. Also got fitted for a side by side, that’s something I can take advantage of. Dr. Catherine had a hard time with all the trophy brides and popped out titties. Our reason for going was to meet our African outfitter. I like him on the phone like him in person and he understood the outfitting business.
I asked Catherine if she wanted to go this year. NO!!!!! Amazing how much money is walking around

Sheep show had a ton of titties last time I went, but that was in 2001 or so.

A skosh of titties at Jagd and Hund. Dirndl dresses do that.

JBrown1

Lil-Rokslider
I went to SCI a few times when I lived a short drive from Reno, and I did the Sportsman’s Expo when I lived near SLC.

I can’t imagine taking a non hunting wife, much less the entire family. They have a few thinks for kids, but I would think they would be bored to tears.

Personally I would go to the show alone and do some other stuff with the family.

OP
Mojave

Mojave

WKR
Why would you think you are going to save 10% booking a hunt at SCI? Or any convention?
Because ever convention I have ever been to there are show specials. Usually 10-40% off.

Is not a thing anymore?

It is totally a thing in Europe.

I have not been to a major American hunting convention in 15 years.

Xbow hunter

Lil-Rokslider
Will any of the western pack manufacturers be there? It would be a good chance to try on packs we don’t get to see much over here.

robtattoo

WKR
Will any of the western pack manufacturers be there? It would be a good chance to try on packs we don’t get to see much over here.
I highly doubt it.
Not that kind of expo, not those kind of hunters.
Unless you're happy to blast about 2 grand on a Westley Richards, canvas & leather haversack for your hunts.

WCB

WKR
You sound like lots of fun....your wife could be asking you to go drop that much or more to lay on a beach and do nothing...or go ride around on a cruise ship. But no she wants to go to Nashville and a hunting convention...oh the horror.

Stopped into Sportsmans Expo while it was in Denver because I got a free ticket. Only thing there worth my time to park was spending time talking to the guys at the Maven booth and test driving some binos. These things are pointless, unless you are there to go meet and greet outfitters. They did have some deals on hunts booked through the expo, but not my cup of tea, so just wandered around for an hour and bailed. Not even any good show specials, and no good gear other than the Maven and Forloh booths. Did stop into the RMEF trailer for a few and went by the CPW booth to talk to them about wolves. Used to be a good show for swag and deals, now it's all outfitters. Super boring, no way I would take my family to something like that for $100, let alone $5k. Go take a nice vacation and if you happen to stop into the show, cool, but don't waste a family trip on this...

Last edited:

Wapiti1

WKR
Yes and no. You'll see Sitka, Kuiu, Kryptek, and any other of the larger brands. Looks like Kifaru and Stone Glacier have booths. But, that doesn't mean you won't see other pack makers. There is usually a good amount of retail there with try on packs from most manufacturers. Schnees and Barneys have booths. Or they will borrow booth space and team up. You can get good deals, but you also have to make up the high entry fee for the show to make it make sense.

I'll be there looking for a very specific hunt and catching up with friends.

Jeremy

IdahoElk

WKR
I'd go by myself and take the family on another vacation, if you plan to see it all it will take all your focus and endurance to get through it, people not 100% interested in this will drag you down stopping you from seeing the ultimate outdoor show. That's my opinion after going twice.