Some pictures…

OP
Ucsdryder

Ucsdryder

WKR
The shot was perfect, tight behind the shoulder and a couple inches above the elbow. It blew out his heart and he made it 50 yards before sliding down the hill a little farther.

If you zoom in, you can see fresh chewed grass clogged both holes. I think I caught the throat and the bullet pulled the grass through the hole which is why there was no blood. When I pulled off the shoulder the blood poured out by the gallon.

We butchered the bull but we didn’t bring any packs or bags. Steph says, let’s just carry some out and save a trip tomorrow. She loaded the back straps over her shoulders and grabbed the loons. Come on…how many girls are going to toss bloody meat over her shoulders and in her hair!

OP
Ucsdryder

Ucsdryder

WKR
We came back the next morning and made 2 more trips. A dirty bastard of a coyote ate 10 pounds off a hind quarter and if we would have hung around a few more days I’d have posted up with the SAUM and waited for him to come back!!!2AF8D340-E69E-46C0-9E83-E707BCFF0352.jpeg

Great write up and congrats on a nice bull!! What are the specs on the rifle? What bullet? Looks like it did a great job!

OP
Ucsdryder

Ucsdryder

WKR
Awesome story man! I like the pic heavy ones. Can't believe the coyote went after the hind instead of a pile of fresh guts?!
I peed next to the meat, left my sweaty undershirt, orange vest and hat there too. He was either really brave or really hungry!! The gut pile was 75 yards down the hill. I’m thinking he didn’t smell it?

OP
Ucsdryder

Ucsdryder

WKR
Great write up and congrats on a nice bull!! What are the specs on the rifle? What bullet? Looks like it did a great job!
Tikka t3 action
AG composite stock
20” CF Barrel
Tbac Dominus suppressor
Vortex LHT
180gr ELD-M at 2750fps pushed with H1000