Somebody lost their antlers in unit 80

corylee4870

Lil-Rokslider
Not sure what happened here. Looks to be at least 2 years old.
122ff08a4fea408c0ba9db8ede603811.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jolemons

WKR
Very chalky, probably more like 5+ years old. May have been from a dead head and the finder decided they weren't worth packing out?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Scrappy

WKR
Found a set of rattling antlers up in a tree once in Iowa. After several years I finally decided they were the plastic fake ones cause no tree rats ever ate them.

Could be it was carried part of the way out, then hung in a tree to come back to get. Either they didn't come back or they did and couldn't find them. I know of a cape that happened to. Got put in a tree so bears wouldn't get it. Then never found.

• Banned
OP
C

corylee4870

Lil-Rokslider
My guess was that they meant to come back to get them but couldn’t find them or decided they were too tired and not worth it.
I have coordinates if anybody is claiming them.

• Banned
OP
C

corylee4870

Lil-Rokslider
Very chalky, probably more like 5+ years old. May have been from a dead head and the finder decided they weren't worth packing out?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Maybe, but not sure why they would have cut the skull cap off of a dead head.

wytx

WKR
Maybe, but not sure why they would have cut the skull cap off of a dead head.

Have you ever hauled out a drippy, stinky head ? The few minutes it takes to cut off the extra stinky stuff is well worth it for a long walk out.

danarnold

WKR
We just hunted 80 and the neighbors we had for the last three years told us stories about a pretty big group down the hill from us that poches regularly, they witnessed these guys bringing 2 6point skulls out that they thought we’re taken the year before and not tagged. Antlers are brown and skulls had been previously scanned, lower jaws and ivories.
Just hearsay...

We just hunted 80 and the neighbors we had for the last three years told us stories about a pretty big group down the hill from us that poches regularly, they witnessed these guys bringing 2 6point skulls out that they thought we’re taken the year before and not tagged. Antlers are brown and skulls had been previously scanned, lower jaws and ivories.
Just hearsay...

I'm going with this. I read an article about a guy that got busted, he'd skin out the head and stash up in a tree and come back in the late summer and carry out as if he found a dead head.