Something new at Kifaru in the day-pack line: The Checkpoint.

schmalzy

WKR
I’m surprised this hasn’t gotten more attention. I’m definitely considering picking one up. Price is kinda steep for what it is but I’m still interested. Want to hear some reviews.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Athame

Athame

Lil-Rokslider
I agree: 385 views on this thread as of Monday night and yours is the only response.
I wouldn't be surprised if that, because it's a small pack it's not getting much interest here
and also, hummm, while I like seeing the new shoulder straps they look a little basic. They've needed
to change the straps on the smaller bags for years now and haven't. I have two of their most iconic
older bags, the Point Man and the Marauder. For the size of the packs the shoulder straps
just aren't padded enough. The Marauder, iirc, is a 2500 cc and the straps are basically X-straps.
The Mini Keg and the Kutthroat look like they're moving the internal frame packs in the right direction, finally.

FlyGuy

WKR
I looked at this one the other day. Was looking for a smaller pack to use for back country fly fishing and maybe a dayhunt or two. Thought this looked neat as a work/travel bag. Video by bender is Good. Ended up going with the 14’r and can’t wait for it to arrive.

You can’t cheat the mountain

Bender

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
If you guys have any questions on the Checkpoint let me know. It's geared more towards every day commute and travel so not our usual offering.

FlyGuy

WKR
I really liked that feature to swing it around to the front on one shoulder and grab stuff from that side zipper. Would be useful for grabbing fly boxes while standing in a stream too, but the 14’r better suited my needs on this one. I do like it as a travel pack tho.

You can’t cheat the mountain

Dobermann

WKR
Video by bender is Good. Ended up going with the 14’r and can’t wait for it to arrive.

@FlyGuy: Where's Bender's video? It's not on the product page on the website, or on the Kifarutube YouTube channel.

Hopefully it's not only on InstaTwitFace or one of those new-fangled things ... I've said it before, and I'll say it again, but Kifaru really needs to up their email newsletter game. :)

In any case, the 14'r rocks; hope you enjoy yours as much as I do mine!

Smid

WKR
Would be the perfect work bag for me, but hard to personally justify the price of this one. Not much less than my shape charge, but doesn’t seem to have nearly the amount of sewing without the molle. I could be wrong since I don’t know what goes into adding the extra zippers.
I’m about to pull the trigger on the urban ruck