"Something Special" for wife ideas B 4 Hunt Trip?

Btaylor

WKR
Might be easier to just leave her a list of crap you expect to be done by the time you get back. Mind you I would never do that with my wife for fear of self preservation, dont need gutted with a rusty spoon. But it might work for ya. Good luck.

:cool::cool:

ndbuck09

WKR
Just went on a 2 week hunt in Alaska with my brother who has a girlfriend and my buddy who is engaged. My wife was traveling to visit her family while i was gone. I find out my brother and buddy both sent their wives flowers to be delivered in the middle of our trip while we were out in the bush....then these girls posted it on social media so my wife saw it! Needless to say, I had to do a lot of talking my first night out, back in cell reception....thanks social media!

Moral of that story is, compare with your hunting partners so you stay on equal playing field!

lif

WKR
I know what I give my wife the day before I leave and 3 times the day I get back. 😉. No offense to the women who are reading this.

manitou1

WKR
I imagine it can be tough, but secretly schedule babysitting for a few hours once or twice while you are gone... with a spa certificate while she has her freedom. Maybe dinner gift certificate for her and her friend while she is out too. Flowers and spa certs always do it for my wife.
I too am preparing to go in a 14 day hiatus to Wyoming. I got a hotel for us last weekend and took her to the Bass Pro Aquarium and Wildlife museum (well worth the trip IMO), took her to dinner and lunch a couple times, then took her shopping (which is a horrible experience for me... drains me more than anything, but I stayed pleasant and it was all about her. I purchased nothing for myself that weekend).
You are already a step ahead by planning something and thinking about her. Good on you. If she is like my wife, they ask for little and give so much, while us boys are always chasing adventure and spending money chasing those adventures.