Sonora Recommendations

Mx Hunting co is about as good as they come. No high fence operations and over 300 k acres of ranches to hunt. Great accommodations and service from pickup to departure. Killling some studs every year as well. Also one of the few outfitters that can hunt Tiburon island for the only true "free range" sheep in Mexico.

One thing I notice with Mexico is what they call Uma may appear free ranges but they deer may be raised like cattle and turned loose. I found if you look at the authorization permit mexico govt give the Uma it list if the deer or sheep truly are wild or ranched like cattle.

They use to have a different color tag for the sheep and fws told me there was a different code on ranch deer and sheep. But seems mexico did away with that to appease some hunters that couldn't submit their animals for B&C records.
Yes, this is what I heard also, and about desert bighorn sheep specifically, so it makes sense that they do it for deer too. They say if you go on a desert sheep hunt in Sonora, you will only have to look at its hooves to know it was not wild, and was released prior to your arrival. I'm sure there are lots of folks posting grip and grins of both mule deer, and desert bighorn sheep, that were pen raised, whether or not they realize it. Certainly their audience on social media will never know.....