Sons First Archery Buck

My son has killed a few deer but this was his first archery deer. We were hunting in C4, Butte County California. We had seen a few bucks throughout the season and we were busy stalking a forky up through some timber when we saw this guy bedded down at about 40 yards. He was quartering toward us. Shane tried to sneak one into the chest cavity, hit a little high... the arrowhead embedded in the deers spine and it died in its bed. It was very fun and as always the time with my son was priceless. 120189120190

OP
Huntindog45
Congrats! Beautiful deer.

Is he doing a euro mount, full mount or something else?
chopped them off and they are hanging in the rafters. never been a big fan of mounts. i asked him if he wanted to do anything with it and he didnt seem too interested either.

GCC79

FNG
Great job and congratulations to your son with his first archery deer.

Jhil653

FNG
Making life long memories. Doesn’t get any better than that!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My son has killed a few deer but this was his first archery deer. We were hunting in C4, Butte County California. We had seen a few bucks throughout the season and we were busy stalking a forky up through some timber when we saw this guy bedded down at about 40 yards. He was quartering toward us. Shane tried to sneak one into the chest cavity, hit a little high... the arrowhead embedded in the deers spine and it died in its bed. It was very fun and as always the time with my son was priceless. View attachment 120189View attachment 120190
Would like to talk to you more about this unit and archery hunting. I have 0 preference points but will likely draw. I currently live in Chico. I know since 2017 a lot has changed with fires and it seems like SPI closes land a lot of years. I know it is heavily hunted unit.