Sony A6400?

TXCO

WKR
Ive been looking for a do it all camera above the point and shoot level and seem to have settled on the sony a 6400. My biggest concern is that its not sealed. Does any one have any experience on issues with that? It doesnt have to be waterproof but capable of going on a backpacking trip and still be used on a regular basis. Any users have lens and digiscopping recommendations if you like the camera?

Thanks!

sneaky

"DADDY"
Wouldn't see any reason why it wouldn't work since lots of guys run the 6000 series cameras for stills and video. It'll only be as good as the lenses you run. 24-70 is a good all around lens to start with. Your budget will determine which variant to go with on the lens.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I’ve got the 24-105 lens and I’m very very pleased with it so far. Eventually I’ll add a few other lenses but this one seems to be a great all around lens. It’s the F4 G series. Great glass!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
TXCO

TXCO

WKR
Thanks for the comments and recs!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I shoot with an A6 on a lot of fishing trips, I've never had a problem with water or moisture. Side note, the lenses dont hold up well to a new puppy ha

The camera will preform great for you and there are lots of great options lens wise. Only thing you should consider when picking a lens is 1. 1.5x factor since this is crop sensor. A 24mm full frame lens acts like a 36mm, so not so wide and
2. If you plan on upgrading to a full frame sensor then only buy FF lenses

Happy to discuss options with you

Give me a call