Sony A6500 help

fulltiltaudio

Lil-Rokslider
Who uses a sony A6500 and has a bunch of knowledge shooting/transferring videos that might be willing to message me and help me along my learning curve with some specific questions issues as they arise?
I picked one up a month or so ago and have been trying to learn everything I can about it, and videoing settings etc...I still have a TON to learn, but just went out last weekend and filmed some stuff for our opening weekend hunt, and while transferring files to the computer when pulled up on the computer everything seems blurry. Maybe its the kit lens that comes with it is not high enough quality? Maybe i have to upgrade and get a better lens? Some of it I'm sure is cuz I was in manual focus and tried doing some self videoing, so I'm sure it was focused wrong, so that's something I can fix...but some of them I manually focused and seem clear and good in the viewfinder/screen, but seem very grainy to me on computer. Looking for info on if I'm saving in the right format or perhaps if there is transfer settings that i might need to change and look at? Figuring out which format to save files in has been a struggle for me for some reason to, I have it set to XAVC video and end up with 2 separate videos on the memory card, both of them don't seem to have the quality I'd expect. Maybe my computer monitor is not good enough? (but my Samsung s22 ultra videos are super clear and look great, but also take a significant amount of time to xfr the videos) the A6500 was xfring pretty quickly to my external hard drive.
Shooting in 1080p and 30 fps.

Sorry Kind of long-winded, just getting super frustrated with not being able to find answers on Google and hoping for better first hand experience from hunters who understand exactly what I'm trying to accomplish.

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk

Big camera guy here. I run the sony A7siii so it's premiere quality, but the A6500 is a great camera and will get you clear quality.

a couple things to look into and check. If you used auto mode and filmed in Low light, I bet that camera cranked the ISO and that could potentially be why you have grainy footage.

To avoid this, if you learn how to properly expose (Shutter, Aperture, ISO, etc...) that will help your footage tremendously.

If it can film in 4K, I'd film in 4K, otherwise there's no issue with 1080p - it will save you on storage space.

Double check your camera settings to see what MBPS (Mega bits per second) it writes and records data at, you will need an SD card that can handle it (Sandisk Extreme Pro's probably).

Do you have any video footage you can post on this thread - I would be able to tell you right away after watching it what the issue is.