SOTO's Customer Service

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
I have a SOTO OD-1R that I was having issues with. I mailed it off to SOTO on Monday, got a package back on Friday. I was expecting to get my old stove back, but instead they gave me a brand new stove.... I told them in an email that I bought the stove two years ago and that the stove had seen some hard times. He just said mail it back and we will make it right. That is bad ass CS!

jherald

WKR
That is awesome. Not many companies will spring for that. Especially in this day and age.

cmeier117

WKR
I have the same stove and I have not had anything wrong with it, but they seem to be an awesome company! With great CS.

Wrongside

WKR
That's CS! I love that little stove and it's nice to know it's backed up by the manufacturer like that.

What was wrong with your old one?

luke moffat

Super Moderator
Good to know...both my Sotos the igniters finally broke off...which after 150 days afield apiece I'm not too surprised after it bumping around in my jetboil cup with a 100 gram fuel canister.

But now that I have pulled my igniters off they won't honor them. Thats ok really though as I always have a lighter anyways and they are now 2 oz even. :D

Wrongside

WKR
I'm honestly pleasantly surprised with how well the SOTO's igniter works, and how long it's lasted on mine. It's one of those things that I'd scuffed at before, and now really like.

jherald

WKR
I've been looking for a wind screen for mine,seems as though everyone is sold out and has been for awhile
Tim

You can get the MSR windscreen aluminum and make your own for your Soto. Or get some flexible aluminum sheeting from Home Depot and cut one for it.

MPGear.com has the windscreens in stock.

Last edited: