Source for 300WM brass?

Currently I have a handful of once fired brass that’s Norma headstamp for my 300, and I was hoping to purchase more so I wouldn’t have to back off(and end up set back) in load development... however, I can’t find any of it anywhere.

I was hoping someone on here has a lead on some(or maybe has a bag of virgin Norma brass laying around - was hoping for 100ct.).

If I have to order a different brand I’m likely going to go with Gunwerks because from what I’ve read it’s consistent but I’m gonna have to back off and work back up if I go that route. I guess it’s not the end of the world, but it’d be nice if I didn’t have to.

I tried to buy some gunwerks brass from brownells it said it was in stock for 109 in 300 WM, but wouldn’t let me check out. That was a few weeks ago I checked a few days ago it said 139 and now 132, not sure what’s going on with that

OP
J
I tried to buy some gunwerks brass from brownells it said it was in stock for 109 in 300 WM, but wouldn’t let me check out. That was a few weeks ago I checked a few days ago it said 139 and now 132, not sure what’s going on with that

I ended up ordering directly from Gunwerks.

OP
J
Nice I heard ADG makes it, let me know what you think of it I may buy some soon also
Same thing I heard. It seems like it’s ~249gr so it isn’t gonna be compatible at all with the norma I have. Sucks I’ll have to work back up and kinda slide back a bit in load development but oh well

ckleeves

WKR
I have dropped 2-3 grains going to Adg from Norma in two different Wm’s. The primer pockets sure hold up better and it’s more consistent also. I don’t even mess with Norma if ADG makes it now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
J
I have dropped 2-3 grains going to Adg from Norma in two different Wm’s. The primer pockets sure hold up better and it’s more consistent also. I don’t even mess with Norma if ADG makes it now.

That gives me a good starting point. I was running 77gr of h1000 at 2850 with no pressure signs and about to push up to 78 looking for the next highest node. I could be satisfied at 2850 but it seems to be in the middle of two nodes.

ckleeves

WKR
That gives me a good starting point. I was running 77gr of h1000 at 2850 with no pressure signs and about to push up to 78 looking for the next highest node. I could be satisfied at 2850 but it seems to be in the middle of two nodes.

I would guess you would end up around 74-75 in Adg. The lot of h1000 I just cracked into I could probably get up to 75.5 in my rifle but it’s a slow lot. You know the drill, start low work up. The first time I loaded Adg I ended up pulling some bullets.

OP
J
I would guess you would end up around 74-75 in Adg. The lot of h1000 I just cracked into I could probably get up to 75.5 in my rifle but it’s a slow lot. You know the drill, start low work up. The first time I loaded Adg I ended up pulling some bullets.

Yeah I’ll probably end up starting at 72 or so

Same thing happened to me loading for my 280ai. Using 180 Berger’s and RL26 I started at like 55 with plans to end around 62. QL said this would be safe up to 61 so I didn’t think much of it. First round at 55gr was running about 150fps faster than anticipated. 58.3 is 2850. I went up to 59 and 2880 but I don’t really want to kill the brass. Seems that’s 7mag territory anyhow.

Gunwerks raises their prices on brass this year. Just buy direct if you want gunwerks brass. I’ve used ADG brass before and my load is different than gunwerks. Gunwerks brass equals to Winchester load data, ADG brass I had to use 2-3 grs less powder. Everyone says it’s the same, I state it’s different.