source for Nikon Fieldscope eyepieces?

After doing tons of research i've decided to buy an ED50 fieldscope. I want to get the 13-40X MCII zoom eyepiece. My question for any Fieldscope users here is where do you buy your eyepieces? Do you have to get them from Japan or is their a US source at reasonable prices? Thanks

I thought I saw one on the optics classifieds a few days ago. Look there first. He was selling two and I thought one was the 13-40x MC II but I could be wrong.

Eyepieces for the ED50 are getting hard to find. I was able to get some threaded rings from a fellow member on BirdForum so I can adapt astronomy eyepieces to my ED50. I finally settled on a Pentax 12mm but it was a bugger to get it to work. But I finally did, and it's great. Gives me 23x and a huge field of view.

OP
M
Thanks. I might experiment with astronomy eyepieces, interchangeable eyepieces is one of the draws of the fieldscope. Hoping i'll be able to leave on a 13-40 most of the time when hiking.
I see those eyepieces in the classifieds but that forum is closed to new members so i have no way to contact the seller.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I have a Nikon Fieldscope ED III 60mm that I want to sell and it comes with the MC-II eyepiece which is 13-40 on the ED50 and 20-60 on the ED60. It also comes with the 20X fixed wide angle eyepiece as well. $500 shipped with PP F&F, or $520 for regular PP.

EastMT

WKR
Ebay is the best bet, I’m not a fan but it’s like gunbroker, if you need it they probably have it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
M
I have a Nikon Fieldscope ED III 60mm that I want to sell and it comes with the MC-II eyepiece which is 13-40 on the ED50 and 20-60 on the ED60. It also comes with the 20X fixed wide angle eyepiece as well. $500 shipped with PP F&F, or $520 for regular PP.

Thanks sadly won't work for me i'm set on the 50mm because of its size for travel/treking and hiking. If you decide to sell the eyepieces separately please let me know.

On the older (baby shit green) Nikons, I thought the eyepieces fit all the units - 50-60-78-82mm, and only changes in mag/FOV dependent on the scope they were mounted to?

Last edited: